Bonus - "MINGLING" - Spring 2022

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Bonus - "MINGLING" - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Bonus "Mingling" thread! This is about getting to interact with one another as classmates, particularly about themes from this past semester and your corresponding class work if that speaks to you. Those who post their Mirror Essays or Manifestation may provide helpful prompts for discussion points. While you're welcome to interact as much as you like, each of your first three 50+ word posts you will receive 5 points and/or 10 beans. When submitting your work, please let me know if you've posted once, twice, or three (or more) times so I can confirm participation. As a fun option, you may choose to Role-Play these interactions though are not required to. If you do, please take a look at this RPGuidelines page for some helpful tips.

** These points are SUPPLEMENTAL. While they can be used toward the 150 point minimum for a passing grade and Quill requirements, I am UNABLE to award you more than 300 points in a single term even if you've earned them. Beans on the other hand are up for grabs by anyone! **

Professor Aloyarc sits camly with Emily at the front of tne class while students begin to find their places.

As usual, the desks are available for those working on their exams, and to one side of the room has been designated an area strewn with beanbags for socializing.

Noise canceling headphones have been offered to students who aren’t finished or taking breaks and would prefer not to be disturbed while they’re at work.

“So!” Sin says, signaling Em and making his way over to claim one of the plum colored beanbags. “How has everyone’s semester been? Anyone encounter any significant life lessons or changes? Would you like to share anything about your experience within the context of this class, or whatnot was like reflecting back on your previous modules and our time together? What’s coming up for up for you at this time or over the last few months that seems worthy of note, however small it may seem on the surface?”
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Bonus - "MINGLING" - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Tarma, sitting quietly in the chair over by the fire, looks up as Sindor speaks.

She is sneaking glances at a book, a book which she has been wanting to finish for over a month.

"Professor Crayola-said-backwards" she says, after trying to remember how his name is pronounced "how did you know about stuff which would be happening. To me. To people in the class. Had you looked at the stars, or read the rune stones or anything like that?"
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

“Oh,” Sin’s eyes twinkle playfully, “I do tend to find that things get put in front of me in large part at times which feel eerily applicable to what I’m going through myself. Sometimes when I’m feeling self conscious, whether it’s about something I’ve said or done, I remind myself that (at least in my personal philosophy) the information will be receive however it’s meant to. And that I don’t always have to like it,” he snickers.

“To more directly answer what you said, I did have this in mind while preparing lessons. Both that idea of letting go of how how I feel these lessons are ‘meant’ to be received, as well as intending/hoping that people interpret the musings in such a way that in some capacity they walk away feeling it was personally impactful to even one area or aspect of whatever they might be going through at the given time.”
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Tarma blinks, then runs what Sindor said again through her head. She smiles, bemused.

"Wow. That's so simple, it's confusing. So, in other words (did I get it right..?..) you sort of wrote what you felt to write, feeling that it would be read and received in the most beneficial way by whomever reads it?"
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Face lighting up, Sin nods enthusiastically, “That’s exactly right! I recall especially in the beginning while putting together the first few lessons that, as much as l was enjoying the process, it was certainly its own practice for me in each of the powers along the way. Having faith and hope and courage that, come what may, if I stayed open to expressing what percolated up to the surface for me and used enough love to continue cultivating and and then share that with others that I it would become what it was meant to be for any member of this class.

“I had even then considered there would be two sections, but after completing part I, what really helped push me forward was exactly that process of sharing it with y’all.” Sindor slips off the beanbag he’s been sitting on to extend his legs this way or that way in different shapes to stretch while continuing the conversation

“Allowing myself to be vulnerable in putting these lessons out there and trusting that it would be received by others being vulnerable and putting themselves out there certainly paid off. By the time our first semester had finished, I felt encouraged to complete the task of moving forward with the second half of lessons knowing deep inside that it was a part of completing a circle. That while it is also meant to be taken optionally at the preferred —or perhaps the “right”— time (hence splitting the class into two half terms as opposed to a full year) if I were to ignore that part of my gut that said this was good for me to do, then it would become a lingering unfinished business for me, and that that vibration would in some capacity bleed into the first section of this class, if only in subtle ways.”

“Given the first power of Part II is Peace, and that this energy is communal, things kept unfolding organically and also serendipitously just as Part I, because this time I had gotten to connect with others and regain a whole new sense of inspiration from those who took the class in the first place. It was truly a very rewarding experience for me, and each time I come to the end of a semester I have been able to look back and feel like whatever was guiding me to get this all down knew better then I did how to best serve the needs of those who would walk through these doors, including myself!”
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

"So, you were embodying those concepts of which you were writing, in the writing of it. Interesting. Maybe that, and those resonances permeated what you wrote, so that in the reading of the words, the feeling also came through. Sort of like a really great actor will be portraying the character, sure, with the words and actions, but also ..."

Tarma thinks a moment. She is looking for a word. "Emotes. No, that's not right, because that means it's theatrical. Sort of overdone. But still it is lived and felt. And is real. Anyway, my words are poor, and just pointing, but the feeling of what you were writing saturated your words."

She smiles. "Thank you."

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”