How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle »

I probably read close to 10+ a year. Perhaps even more. However, because of school, I haven't had a chance to read as many books(or read them as often) as I'd like to.
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables

Tags:
Brittany Halbrook
No broom

Post by Brittany Halbrook »

Yeah, isnt that funny that becuase of school we read less? heh...

Well I ,too, would probably be in the 10+ range. I go in book spurts. I'll read A LOT, then not at all. I guess it all depends how busy I am. Well I normally re read a few HP books again every year so thats already like 3...
^made at Hogsmeade ID shop^
Brittany Halbrook l br482 l Gryffindor l third year l Safari Den l Tent Three l PPC Member l Gryffindor Drama Club l Pensieve staff reporter l Gryffindor Awards Committee
Cherry Lafay
No broom

Post by Cherry Lafay »

lol of course i choose the 10+. i can read 10 books in a week if i want to. but normally i real like 4 books in a week and when i'm busy 2. what shoul in say...i love reading *smiles*
Mirna Weasley
No broom

Post by Mirna Weasley »

Probably I finish read book more less 4 per month but if I don't busy I can finish read book more than 10 a month, LOL, but I was not finish read book for a year.
Eve d'Angela
No broom

Post by Eve d'Angela »

How many book i read for a year ???? Woww... I can't count it. Right now, my bookshelf allready full, but my mom never angry with me if I'm back from somewhere with lots of book in my bag, cause she likes read my books too.
I'll try to manage my book but i have no time for that cause everyday there're another book need to be read, and i'd rather do that... : - >>
Reading is my favourit activity, and i think it's good than wasting time with nothing .
Keep on reading... you can find and learn a lot in that even it's a novel or comic ... and use your knowledge for the good.
Eve d'Angela - ev623
Always try to make a better world
Tadashi Miura
No broom

Post by Tadashi Miura »

10+, 100+, you should have put more choices, but still this is a great topic, my parents are librarians so i've been exposed to tons of books my whole life.
Tadashi the Tedious Turtle
Aberforth Yelloweyes
No broom

Post by Aberforth Yelloweyes »

Way, WAY more than ten. Why, I went to the library last week and took out thirteen. I plan to read them all in the 3-week span that I have.
Sierra Dave
No broom

Post by Sierra Dave »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, more than ten is mine...

I'm crazy about reading books! I read a lot. But, sometimes there are so many things to do in my days, then I need more time to fullfil my reading needs.
"I'll do what I need to do..."

^^^the one who is crazy about books, reading books, writing book, and hoping to be an author^^^

----------unBeLoVed----------

>>>>>tenth02nineteenninetynine<<<<<
Daniel Pettersson
No broom

Post by Daniel Pettersson »

In the last couple of weeks I have plowed through about four books, so I think I read around thirty or forty books each year.
Nassa Dikaios
No broom

Post by Nassa Dikaios »

I'm a book nutter...my classes require that I read 8-10 hours a day (English:Literature student)...but outside of that i still read like a madwoman....I just put back 5 books in the last 2 days
“Once bitten by a snake, a person is scared all their
life at the mere sight of a rope.â€￾~Chinese Proverb
Moxie Mungo
No broom

Post by Moxie Mungo »

Aberforth Yelloweyes wrote:QUOTE (Aberforth Yelloweyes @ Jun 17 2006, 05:18 AM) Way, WAY more than ten. Why, I went to the library last week and took out thirteen. I plan to read them all in the 3-week span that I have.
That is pretty much my answer too /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> During the summer, I do little but read. Although, stumbling on this site may cause some of my reading time to dissapear, but I already have a list of new books to check out from all the great suggestion posts here!
Igraine Cirith
No broom

Post by Igraine Cirith »

At least fifty books a year. Generally I am reading between two and five books as a time because they are on different topics or one is research the others fiction, etc. and also because, well...there are just so many and I want to read them all.
Igraine Cirith
House of Slytherin
Empress of Mutant Frogs
Cantrix Amherst
No broom

Post by Cantrix Amherst »

I read 3 books every two weeks (since i also read webcomics, contemplate cosplay, and see a billion movies) /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" /> this is on average. I have over 70 books.
Last edited by Cantrix Amherst on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's it! See, at first, I thought it was hate too.
Hate was all I knew, it imprisoned me, taught me how to eat, how to drink, how to breathe.
I thought I would die with all the hate in my veins.
But then, something happened. It happened to me, just as it happened to you.
Kyle Dagge

Post by Kyle Dagge »

I read everynight before i go to bed so usually i can get through a book in about 2 weeks. I read tons of books a year. Usually im reading books over and over again so i really need to get some more!
Marite Clements
No broom

Post by Marite Clements »

I am a bookworm. Or, as they in Germany, a reading rat. So definitely 10+.
It's so refreshing to find people who read! The vast majority of my year (form7) find it a struggle to read five books a year, and regard those who read more as general freaks. What has happened to my school? Someone save me!
*wanders around aimlessly*
It's official: I have no imagination! (the tree sheep stole it)
*gazes blankly at screen*
If only I could think of something to say...
James McLennan
No broom

Post by James McLennan »

Past year i've read all 22 books by Raymond E Feist, like 2x(some 3,some 1). Almost all of his books are between 250-800 pages so its not like 20 pages books. I am currently rereading the HP novels for the god knows number of time. I have read a few other straggler books. I'd say probably in the region of 80 books since this turn of the new year(counting books read multiple times that is). If we go from this date last year. In the region of 120maybe. I enjoy reading, and although i'm not an amazing writer, mainly due to me making small mistakes when typing since I dont take my time, I do also write some stuff. Though i've yet to finish anything, due to the constant strange way my mind thinks XD
Madison Halan
No broom

Post by Madison Halan »

I almost always carry and extra book (hidden away, in my purse) and now, my school administrators are trying to ban all purses bigger than a wallet. It's very sad.
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi »

I don't think I'd even attempt to count how many books I read per year, probably about 1-3 in a good week, so, times that by four for about per month, then by 12 for a year and that's a lot of books. I read mostly fiction and fantasy, things that will keep me up all night, which is why I finish them so fast. I love reading.
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter »

I read more than 10 books a year. I usually read around 5 books a month if I'm enjoying the ones I read.
Ron Lupin
No broom

Post by Ron Lupin »

I read 1 book a week throughout the summer, but during the school year I like to read a book about every 2 days. I read books about animals to mystery to science fiction to non fiction. I love to read all kinds of books. It's really a hobby and an enjoyment. In about a year, I read like 10-15 books. In one month like 2 books.
Last edited by Ron Lupin on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryffindor First Year ro810 11 inches from a hemlock tree with a hippogriff talon core

Harry Potter, it's what we live for for!!!

Return to “Book Talk”