How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Post by Louis Walles »

I would love to say I read a lot but that would be a lie. Now, that I am no longer in university, the amount of books I read regularly has dropped quite a lot. However, I am trying to get back to reading as soon as possible! I would say I am currently reading about 10 books per year.

I am currently reading one book and have plenty waiting for me patiently so let's hope I will improve and go back to reading around 20 books per year!
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche

Tags:
Viviana Kingston
No broom

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Well over fifty a year. It sometimes reaches a hundred, sometimes it gets higher, most of the time it drops because I get busy and have reading slumps, but I try to sign up to me in review teams and such so I read consistently.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier
Tom Harik
No broom

Post by Tom Harik »

I Mainly read around 10-20 books a years depending if a really get into the book. I try and read at least a few hours before i go to bed to chill out with.

I would like to read more but with other activities I'm committed too. I just don't have the time to read more B) B)
Pandora Green
No broom

Post by Pandora Green »

Honestly for me buying new books and actually reading them are two different Hobbys haha.
And since im a big mood reader its either 7 per week or none at all.
So it varies from year to year but the last few years it was around 100 each :)
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

When I am spending a busy year, it can be none or just one. But usually, the number of books I read per year ranges from 2 to 5.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Marcus Darkwood
No broom

Post by Marcus Darkwood »

I would love to say that I read a lot, but sadly that's not true. I like to read if I take the time to sit down and do so, but I also often chose other activities instead of reading. I still always have a goal of reading at least a book a month, though, so that would be 12 in a year. I'm on almost 3 so far this year, so I'm a bit behind.
Marcus Darkwood ~ Hufflepuff ~ Third Year
Ivy Grey
No broom

Post by Ivy Grey »

I read around 4 books a week. So, it will be 16 books a month and 192 books a year. Let's round off the number. In all, I read 190 books a year. I really love to read, especially fiction and fantasy. The Harry Potter series is my all time favourite. Books are like a source of energy for me. I have a full library in my house. I also like to re - read books. The problem is, I have a brilliant memory, if I do say say so myself, and I remember the story plots of most of the books. Nevertheless, I will always love my books. Full time working and no time reading make Ivy a dull girl. :D

Return to “Book Talk”