How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Ceeje Queen
No broom

Post by Ceeje Queen »

I read two to three books a week. More if I've just discovered a series. So that's over 100 a year. I never thought of it like that. I read a lot. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> And that's not even counting all the stuff on-line.
~Ceeje~

Tags:
Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

I probably read one book every fortnight. I read atleast three to four magazines per week plus the newspaper every day and such. At the moment I'm making my way through the four Dan Brown novels (I'm up to the last one I purchased, Deception Point) which are fantastic but the way. I'm always looking for more to read! I read before bed, when I'm eating, when I'm just bored and to and from work. I definitely read more now that I'm out of high school.
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Jennifer Reed
No broom

Post by Jennifer Reed »

I read over 2,500 books a year.
I am Iggy's Girl. If you mess with me, you are in for a world of trouble. I have 'special' friends.
Celia Ashby
No broom

Post by Celia Ashby »

Well let's see...I read at least 1-2 books a day... so 1.5 x 365= 5475

Whoa...That's a lot of books... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Eli Farmer
No broom

Post by Eli Farmer »

Whoa. I usually only read books for school. I have probably read 3 books not associated with school this year. I just don't have time to read that much. Right now I'm getting ready to read 1984. But that's for school...
Last edited by Eli Farmer on Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell »

I don't really read text book at school. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i love to read other books though. if i'm not busy i could read about 4 a month. if busy, about two.
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Catriona Watson
Oakshaft 79

Post by Catriona Watson »

Well it should be more than 10..maybe about 3 to 4 books a month so that makes up to 40 to 50 books per year. I used to borrow about 3 books from different libraries and supposed to finish in 3 weeks time. I will read them while waiting for the bus or train and even during the journey home. I love to read and always try to find time for reading. I think reading is a healthy past-time as we can gain much knowledge and improvement of our vocabulary. So read as much as you can and wherever you can. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Prof. Ceit Uiseag
No broom

Post by Prof. Ceit Uiseag »

Jennifer Reed wrote:I read over 2,500 books a year.
O.o...that's over six books a day. I doubt that's possible, unless the books are extremely short.

I'm a fast reader, unless I'm reading the Wheel of Time books, so I can get through three decent-sized books in a week, on average. If I'm really absorbed in something though, and read all day, for example the longer HP books, I can start one in the morning and finish it by dinnertime. I'd reckon I get through 150-ish books in a year, though I do re-read certain books/series quite a lot, so the number of 'new reads' is not as high as that. I'd get through a lot more if I had more free time, but at the moment, most of my reading is composed of academic papers, which are not as much fun /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become who you were born to be...</span>
Winnifred Seas
No broom

Post by Winnifred Seas »

I probably read over 10 books a year because I read a pile of books at one time. Witch isn't the best thing to do, but oh well.
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......
Bridget Malfoy
No broom
Location: Slytherin! Slytherin spirit, come on let's hear it!!!

Post by Bridget Malfoy »

Over the summer I can read a good 20 to 24 books. I know, crazy right. During the rest of the year maybe three or four at the most, not counting manga. So over a whole year 24 to 28 books... plus another 30 for all the manga I read. So regular books PLUS manga I read up to 58 a year.
Forrest Lycus
No broom

Post by Forrest Lycus »

Well I suppose it changes year to year for me---like i used to read over 50 maybe because it was lots of shorter books but now I am down to about 30-ish as I am reading larger books of thousand pages or so and stuff
You’ll be the only one
’cause no one can deny
This love I have inside
And I’ll give it all to you
My love
My love, my love
My endless love.....:)
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches »

i can read more than 10 books, maybe 20 books a year.
but its depend on the quality of the books.
sometime there is no good book in month. you know, i dont want to read book, if it's not a great book.
Allura Narawiel
No broom

Post by Allura Narawiel »

I love reading,, when it comes holiday I go to the bookstores and buy many books, I prefer spent my holiday time for reading than anything else...
Last edited by Allura Narawiel on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
****EveRytHin' HaPpens fOr A ReaSon****

"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!" ---Sirius Black---
Kagome Chang
No broom

Post by Kagome Chang »

Well, I'm in the Sixth Grade, so I have lots of time to read o_o I usually read one book every two days. So around 100 books a year <3

Kagome Chang // Ravenclaw // ka618 // First Year
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

I used to read a lot more books than I do now, now I firstly don't ave as much time anymore, secondly, read a lot of fanfiction instead.
I used to read about 12 books a month but now it's no more than 3 per month, if even that much, but definately one, and I still bye books as if I read 12 per month, so I have quite a stock by now. I read extremely much in hollidays though and whenever I have a free moment or can create one.
Hermione Smith
No broom

Post by Hermione Smith »

i read alot. probably more then ten. i love to read /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Harry potter rocks!
Phoenix Lumen
No broom

Post by Phoenix Lumen »

Okay, so that's 4-5 books a week, 16-20 a month, and 192-240 a year. Seems like more than that!!

Return to “Book Talk”