Card Games

Moderator: Prefects

Britin Hale
No broom

Post by Britin Hale »

What is your favourite card game?

Mine is Go Fish!, Black Jack (just for fun, no gambling!) and War. I've also played a generic version of Old Maid with normal cards using the Joker. xD It was fun. What's yours?
Gryffindor Graphics Club | The Spice Squad
Cornelia Stark
No broom

Post by Cornelia Stark »

I enjoy Palace (which has a ton of variations and different names like Stupid), BS, Speed, and Egyptian Ratscrew.
⇐ CO963 ⇔ RAVENCLAW ⇔ FIRST YEAR ⇒
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

I like to play crazy eights, war, and go fish.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Card Games

Post by Marie Dark »

I like to play Solitaire to pass the time if I'm waiting for something or someone.... I also enjoy playing Hearts or Spades when I partner up with people... Let's see.... Cribbage is very cool.... War is fun when you have 6 decks and 4 people....
But I love Uno, Monopoly Card game, and Slap Jack.
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

My favorite card games are poker,black jack,gin rummy, I used to like spades but not so much any more. Also uno, skipbo,and monopoly deal.
Image RQT 2017/18
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Bumping up an old thread, but I was just thinking about good card games.

We have really started playing in the last year both, Five Crowns and Phase 10. Phase 10 is better with with three or more players, but can be played with two, and Five Crowns are great for two or more players.

I haven't played it before, but wondering if anyone else has, Suchi Go! What's it like?
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

A lot of folks have mentioned War, but I used to play it a lot with my grandpa so it brings back memories of him. I haven't played in quite some time, but with my sister staying with us this summer, and having similar fond memories, we may play sometime in the next few weeks.

A game she introduced me to that we've only played once so far is Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. It was pretty fun, but it got a little too intense as we tried to both be the quickest to slap the cards. I'll have to try out the games you recommended, Rorey!
Jade Garcia
No broom

Post by Jade Garcia »

I like most card games, but to name a few, I like solitaire, uno, skip bo, and monopoly deal. ;) ^_^
Dawn Diya
No broom

Post by Dawn Diya »

This is such a hard question because I know so many card games but I love speed games. My favorite are Nertz and Spit. I also love group games like BS and Egyptian Rat Screw, especially when there's so many people that you need multiple decks.
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

My favorite card game is Uno. It's quick and easy rules mean the game is fun and easy to learn, making it perfect for family game nights or get-togethers with friends.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I haven't played a card game in a while. But when my family and I play a card game it is usually uno.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I don't think there is a card game I don't like. I love playing with cards. In fact I love cards so much, I use to be one of those weird kids that would perform magic tricks with cards. And don't even get me started on my obsession with Tarot Cards and the excellent art on them! I am excellent in BS and I love to play Black Jack 21, poker, solitaire, Kings, you name it. I also love those group card games where you have to do things or combine answers and such. So much fun. :D :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Lee Pettle
No broom

Post by Lee Pettle »

I love playing trash. It is not a common game but my friend taught me it and now I am OBSESSED.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I mostly enjoy all types of Solitaire, Call Break, and UNO, although I am open to being introduced to other ones. I don't know too many other card games yet.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I play (gin) rummy and Hearts the most. Rummy's my favourite card game, I think, especially since it was my grandparents that taught me how to play.

Hearts is simpler to teach and play, which I mostly do when I need a little breather, but can't compute strategy (card counting).

During one of my first yearly vacations in Italy, I was also taught to play Tarocco. It's an incredibly fun card game to play, but you can really only play it in groups of three or four. I also like the illustrations on the Tarocco cards.
Maeve Madden
No broom

Post by Maeve Madden »

My all time favourite game is cribbage. I have a hand-carved wooden crib board in the shape of a sockeye salmon that I absolutely adore and I make any excuse I can to bring it out.

I also have very fond memories of playing uno with my friends in high school and university.

Return to “Games Talk”