Dungeons & Dragons

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I'm very excited to be playing in my first Dungeons & Dragons campaign tomorrow night. It's something I've always been intrigued by, and, as luck would have it, a group has an opening for me.

While I'll only be doing character creation just before we start, it looks like I'll be a Fighter/Elf.

Do any of you play Dungeons & Dragons?
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I've played two sessions so far, and I'm enjoying learning the mechanics of D&D. It might not be something I do long-term, but I'm glad I at least tried it out.
Alexandra Steele
No broom

Post by Alexandra Steele »

I played for the first time last year, after listing to the Adventure Zone podcast. I happened to have a friend who had played in college, so he set up a group with a few others, and we've been playing relatively regularly ever since. My character is a Halfling Rogue (I'd watched The Hobbit right before we did character creation). I've definitely been enjoying it, but I am super grateful that I found someone who was confident enough with the game to act as DM, because I can barely keep track of things for my own character, let alone having to manage everyone else!
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I played with a group back in undergrad. We would gather in one of the study rooms at the school for a club meeting because it was an official club, and we'd play. The roleplaying aspect is what drew me to it. Plus most of the ones playing were also friends of mine that I played World of Warcraft with and were in the computer club with. They pulled me over and got me addicted. Our DM was great, and always came up with the best stuff. I miss that group.
Mrya Huast
No broom

Post by Mrya Huast »

I play D&D with my brothers, one being the DM the other a player. since there are just two players, we're allowed three characters:
one I made myself being Tipsi the gnome rouge, having an obsession with "shineys" to the point that she has her own '"dragon hoard". The other two were given to me by the gm as a "try this class/don't only play rouges" both being extremely fun to play. One is Zimeia, a part red dragon, part demon, part teifling monk/barbarian who loves fights and dreams to be a superhero, while the other is Kannen, a half hobgoblin half brass dragon bard and prince. who's cocky, loves learning and dreams of being a great leader.
Phoenix Hale
No broom

Post by Phoenix Hale »

I'm in my second campaign at the moment (I got addicted after listening/watching shows like Dimension 20 and The Adventure Zone). Our current game is set in fantasy space and there are a lot of horror aspects. My character is a Gnome wizard named Sofia Ashtoreth Thrust, although she goes by Ash. She's a Chaotic Neutral character and it's been a lot of fun annoying my DM with her shenanigans. It's the first time my character is a full-on magic user as well (I usually do rangers) so that's fun as well!
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

DnD is one of my favorite hobbies. I adore roleplaying and building stories, My all time favorite character was a dual class engineer/rogue halfling (kind of, it was a homebrew so she was a 'faerie' but basically a halfling with wings based on the mechanics of the homebrew). She was super fun, and because my DM didn't want a level 1 flyer I had to create this whole backstory about her wing being torn badly and having this life mission to rebuild a mech wing for herself to regain flight. Sadly she had a very pixie like character flaw, she was obsessed with traps and one day my DM set one I couldn't resist and also couldn't solve the puzzle to save myself from, rip.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I played DnD for the first time last year during quarantine. One of my friends from college was looking to DM their first game and got together a whole group of us that hadn't played yet, so we were all learning new mechanics together. Once they got back to school, it kind of died out, but I really enjoyed the experience and wouldn't mind playing more in the future. My character was a Tiefling Rogue and I really enjoyed creating my character.

There are also a ton of DnD related podcasts out there, and I love listening to others build their games as well. I've listened to a little of Friends at the Table and Join the Party, but I'd love more DnD podcast recommendations!
Dysania Laine
No broom

Post by Dysania Laine »

I play D&D occasionally, but more often than not it's just with a tiny group of friends that dies out after the first round and we never finish. I would love to find a local group that does maybe once-a-month sessions. Currently, I have a Wood-Elf Cleric that I play with my kids (11 & 8) every once in a while - but I can't DM, haha.

Return to “Games Talk”