Video Games: How do you play?

Moderator: Prefects

Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Video Games: How do you play?

Post by Mia Fountain »

Everyone has their own preferences with what system they play a video game on. I'm curious to see how you prefer to play? Do you play on all kinds of systems depending on the game? Or, do you only play on one system?

I only play games on the computer or the Nintendo switch. I do not have an Xbox or PlayStation, because I am doubtful I would use them if I did. In my case most of the games I like to play are only available on the PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. But there are also games that are exclusive to the switch that I like to play. I tend to play on the switch when I don't want to be tied down to a larger system or when I am in a vehicle or going to a family get-together.

Tags:
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Re: Video Games: How do you play?

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I play on my laptop and on mobile. It's more dependent on the game itself. I don't think I would be interested in any other console games. I've heard of some of them, and they don't appeal to me as much. The games I've found that I like are on the computer and Hogwarts Mystery on mobile, but that's the only game I play on my phone.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

My preference used to be to just use the computer to play games (it's right there, after all!) but I've started to play a few games on my phone, via phone apps, as well. But phone app games seem to be more to give me something to do when bored; games on the computer often are way more fun!
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I play on phone, since I used laptop only to work or watching drama :) I don't have many games, only 3 that I love the most. Sometimes I also like to play on game sites or on Telegram App, there are bot for games that we can play together with friends.
Autumn Dwyer
No broom

Post by Autumn Dwyer »

Most of the time I play on computer but sometimes I play on Nintendo or mobile.
Bella Mondragon
No broom

Post by Bella Mondragon »

Since owning a switch, I think it has become my primary source for playing video games. However, if I’m out and about without my switch, mobile games are always there to help me out!
Anne-Marie Gagne

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

Ohhh I play mostly on my laptop and my phone but I also play a lot of games on my Switch and my PS4. I also have a PS3 for game but I haven't actually touched that in a long time haha
Darling Franxx
No broom

Post by Darling Franxx »

I often play pretty common games on my ipad (roblox) and use my phone sometimes to play a bunch of mobile games (i have around 50) , I sometimes play on my computer some online games like drawing and stuff and then i use my xbox for fortnite, overcooked, and other xbox only games :)
Harmony Potts
No broom

Post by Harmony Potts »

I play games on my Nintendo switch. One of my
favorite gams is Animal Crossing. I also play
Lets go Eevee. I play Pokemon go on my IPhone.
Harmony Potts
Cirilla Vulpis
No broom

Post by Cirilla Vulpis »

I play on a PS4 as I prefer to use a controller and I have friends who I can play with online on PlayStation. (Can't bring myself to pay for a PS5 yet!)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I mostly play on the Switch as that is what most of the games that we own, and that I enjoy playing, are on. Occasionally I will play on the PS4, but I'm still pretty bad at the controls, haha. I used to play more on mobile, but now there's hardly any space on my phone so I haven't in some time. While it would be nice to play on my laptop more (as Will said, it is right there), I never quite got into it, plus I don't think my laptop is one intended for gaming.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I am a multi genre, multi platform gamer. At the moment I play games on my PC and laptop, my mobile phone, and my PS4. I do sometime just for fun switch to my PS3 and PS2. I also have a media center set up at my tv (its a laptop reconstructed into a box with a raspberry pie/simulator for platforms such as PS1/Nintendo/ Sega etc. I don't own an Xbox but do have a remote to play on pc with. I like to mix things up. The platform I play on entirely depends on the game. Some games are best played with a mouse and keyboard, while others are more of a remote controller or screen bashing game :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Dylan Daxx
No broom

Post by Dylan Daxx »

Hey :D

I have PS4 but have not used it much since had Covid before it was trendy as fatigue so less time :wacko:

I'm mostly using Switch at mostly for Animal Crossing :D My past gaming self would be a bit embarrassed lol. Have other switch games but not played them yet.

Have a old Xbox I sometimes play with. Also have gaming PC and laptop that's not meant for games but can handle some depending on graphics. Also have steam games but have moved over to Xbox on PC.

I still have my PS 1 somewhere but think I got rid of all the games. My PS2 is still out and about but I cannot deal with memory card swap confusion. Also have Wii which never used that much in the first place but want to try out the resident evil games have on it. And sure there is a Mario Kart game with it. The Mario Kart on Switch makes me travel sick 😂
Dominick Salinas
No broom

Post by Dominick Salinas »

My gaming life is rather pathetic. I have a Switch and a PS4. Basically my whole life I have owned a Nintendo and Playstation system of some sort, but I wouldn't really consider myself a gamer. I tend to stick to the classic stuff from my childhood - Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, etc. I have never owned an Xbox system and never got into computer gaming.

Currently I am playing Animal Crossing (an addiction, really) and Pokemon Violet.
Esor Black
No broom

Post by Esor Black »

I mainly am a PC player, but I do have a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and an Oculus I have played on as well, but PC with an Xbox controller is what I usually do. :D
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I suppose I am a majority handheld gamer. My games of choice are Pokemon and Animal Crossing, both on handheld consoles, however I do love to get onto my old Sega Genesis and play Sonic 2 from time to time.

The only PC games I've ever played are Zoo Tycoon and Hogwarts Legacy so it's safe to say I'm not a PC gamer at all lol!
Atticus Felos
No broom

Post by Atticus Felos »

I primarily play on Consoles. I have a Xbox Series X, and a PS5, from time to time i might pick up my switch and play some Pokémon, and sometimes on my PC if i want to try a game with Mods.

Return to “Games Talk”