Guess The Quote!

Kiri Galdor
No broom

Post by Kiri Galdor »

Kate Quinn wrote:QUOTE (Kate Quinn @ Aug 2 2011, 08:34 AM) I think it's Gimli, talking to Legolas (at the battle of Helm's Deep??).
It is, but (and yes I am being pedantic :D ) can you be a bit more specific as to when? (as the battle takes up a fairly large portion of the film)

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker
Kate Quinn
No broom

Post by Kate Quinn »

I think..at the end of the battle, after Gandalf has shown up and they've won. It's their "final tally", right? I'm getting all my Legolas-Gimli banter confused :P
Thanks to Brie MacKenna for the banner! :)

"Not all those who wander are lost."
Kiri Galdor
No broom

Post by Kiri Galdor »

Kate Quinn wrote:QUOTE (Kate Quinn @ Aug 2 2011, 04:32 PM) I think..at the end of the battle, after Gandalf has shown up and they've won. It's their "final tally", right? I'm getting all my Legolas-Gimli banter confused :P
Yes Kate - it is (and I know what you mean - they have a lot of those moments :D )

Your turn

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker
Kate Quinn
No broom

Post by Kate Quinn »

This is probably an easy one:

QUOTE What's taters, precious?[/quote]

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

That's Gollum to Frodo and Sam when they (well, Sam) are cooking food, just before they meet Faramir.
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Kate Quinn
No broom

Post by Kate Quinn »

Correct! I really like that one :) . (I might use it at every opportunity when someone mentions potatoes, ha ha).

Your turn!
Rachel Selenia wrote:QUOTE (Rachel Selenia @ Aug 8 2011, 04:42 PM) That's Gollum to Frodo and Sam when they (well, Sam) are cooking food, just before they meet Faramir.

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

The next quote:

QUOTE What's making that noise?[/quote]
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

That would be Pippin speaking to Merry as the Uruk-hai set up camp outside Fangorn. The trees are what's making the noice he's speaking about.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

This isn't an answer but an observation:

Niniel, you are BRILLIANT ! I knew it was a Hobbit speaking, but could not remember where or when ....
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Yes Niniel, of course. ;) You're turn!
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Thank you Tarma, thank you :D

The next quote is:

QUOTE "We have time."[/quote]
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Niniel Sanders wrote:QUOTE (Niniel Sanders @ Aug 14 2011, 04:12 AM) Thank you Tarma, thank you :D

The next quote is:

Aragorn speaking to Gandalf n Return of the King

Next line: "everyday Frodo moves closer to Mordor."

"...So we might as well lie down on the beach, and drink coctails from a coconut. I could use a tan, and we deserve a bit of a holiday after all this wandering and slaying orcs and such.."

Right?
No?

hmmm.
That last bit may have been in extended extended extended editions only
Last edited by Ronja Liek on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Ronja Liek wrote:QUOTE (Ronja Liek @ Aug 17 2011, 05:37 PM) Aragorn speaking to Gandalf n Return of the King

Next line: "everyday Frodo moves closer to Mordor."

"...So we might as well lie down on the beach, and drink coctails from a coconut. I could use a tan, and we deserve a bit of a holiday after all this wandering and slaying orcs and such.."

Right?
No?

hmmm.
That last bit may have been in extended extended extended editions only
Completely right you are. And oh yes, I believe I've seen that edition somewhere... on bluray only wasn't it? ;)

Well, regardless, you are of course right. Your turn.
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Frankly I though that version was getting silly. Those pink elephants dancing.. oh no wait that was Dumbo.

anyway

next quote

QUOTE "Recover my..."[/quote]

No, there is no word missing, it just stops there.
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

LOL, it actually took me rather some thinging to remember where it was.

I could hear the phrase being said, but had to think to remember the connection. Suitably difficult. Well chosen.

But well, it's Gimli in response to Aragorn's suggestion at Amon Henn that he rest and recover his strength.
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Took some time, says she, and managed to answer in less than ten minutes after the post.

Well I guess that is some time indeed. Just not a whole lot of it, I mean.. I have waited fro a bus longer than that..

Some time, tss.

Well here is your Silmaril then, I hope you are happy with it.
( Are we still giving out silmarils for the correct answer? If not I am keeping it..)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

!! *just popping into the dialogue here *

*ROTFL*

That was GREAT, Ronja!

""...So we might as well lie down on the beach, and drink coctails from a coconut. I could use a tan, and we deserve a bit of a holiday after all this wandering and slaying orcs and such..""

I'm still giggling!!!! so had to do a OOC sort of post to say THANK YOU! ... and *sigh* next time I see that scene, guess what the dialogue will say ... in the extended extended extended edition of course.

OKAY!

*waiting for the next quote!*
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

"Great! Where are we going?"

(I'll throw in a loaf of lembas if you can tell me where the other almost exactly similar quote is in the movie ;) )
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

(Yes, we're still counting Silmarils, but now they count for the 2011/2012 school year. :) )

And that quote is by Pippin at the end of the Council of Elrond, if I'm not mistaken. Right after he and Merry are allowed to be part of the Fellowship.

The second quote is also said by Pippin, I believe? And it's "Where are we going?", said to Merry right before Gandalf and Pippin travel to Minas Tirith.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Rachel Selenia wrote:QUOTE (Rachel Selenia @ Aug 18 2011, 07:11 PM) (Yes, we're still counting Silmarils, but now they count for the 2011/2012 school year. :) )

And that quote is by Pippin at the end of the Council of Elrond, if I'm not mistaken. Right after he and Merry are allowed to be part of the Fellowship.

The second quote is also said by Pippin, I believe? And it's "Where are we going?", said to Merry right before Gandalf and Pippin travel to Minas Tirith.
Right you are.

And wow, you found one I hadn't even thought about XD
The one I thought of was Bilbo speaking to Frodo saying:

Bilbo: Tell me again, lad, where are we going?
Frodo: To the harbour, Bilbo. The elves have accorded you a special honor. A place on the last ship to leave Middle Earth.

Return to “HOLTS Activities”