Guess The Quote!

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

*lol* I didn't remember that one actually.

Here's another quote!

"Back to the gate! Hurry!"
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

*needs to start playing this again*

That quote would be Gandalf. I honestly can't remember which movie but the line's definitely ringing in my head with McKellen's voice XD
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

!!

Yes, I seem to remember that, too, as soon as I read it.

And I think by then he is Gandalf the White (of course, in most of the 3 movies he is Gandalf the White).

I am wanting to say it is in the White City .... ARG, I don't remember! :o
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

I'm going to give this to Tarma as she gave me the place where it was said too, sorry Eia. ;) As for to whom he's saying it, it's said so in general so I'm letting you away on this. ;) He says it to the archers in the White City. (Yeah, I'm being nice today...)

Your turn, Tarma!
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Oh!

I was just sort of commenting on Eia's comment but well, THANKS!

Okay ....

"And I know I can't save Middle-earth. I just want to help my friends."
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

That's Merry speaking to Eowyn before they set out to battle.
It's a very beautiful moment and actually reminds me of another; When Pippin speaks to Gandalf saying "I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse."
Last edited by Niniel Sanders on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

@Rachel-No worries ^_^ I was planning on going back to add to my post once I figured out the answer, but knew there was a very likely chance someone would beat me to it.

Now this new quote I know: Merry to Eowyn in the RotK before Pelennor Fields.

Edit: Looks like I was too slow again.
Last edited by Eia Donne on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

That's yours, Niniel. And the additional quote is very nice .

:)

Eia? Just so you know, we wait to be acknowledged as having the correct answer before continuing with a new one. For form and also ... just in case ....
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

I don't recall continuing with a new quote...

Although now that I re-read my previous post I could see how you might have misinterpreted what I was saying. I wasn't going to edit a new quote into my post, I was going to add onto my answer of where the quote came from *nods* That's what you beat me on, not so much the getting to post the next quote.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

"You must fight."

A rather common sentiment, but who said it? :P
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Niniel Sanders wrote:QUOTE (Niniel Sanders @ Sep 4 2011, 02:50 AM) "You must fight."

A rather common sentiment, but who said it? :P
Gandalf the Well-washed version, to Theoden, telling him, obviously, to start fighting. Aragorn adds that it would be lovely if he would also be so kind to get Eomer back, since that would be much helpfuul and allk that since the odds are rotten, you know, and for some reason Elladan and Elrohir could not come to help.

( Even though they weren't so lazy in the book)
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Ronja Liek wrote:QUOTE (Ronja Liek @ Sep 5 2011, 11:45 PM) Gandalf the Well-washed version, to Theoden, telling him, obviously, to start fighting. Aragorn adds that it would be lovely if he would also be so kind to get Eomer back, since that would be much helpfuul and allk that since the odds are rotten, you know, and for some reason Elladan and Elrohir could not come to help.

( Even though they weren't so lazy in the book)
Completely right you are :D

Gandalf thought making a painting Saruman with a lot of space between him and the women and children was a great idea.
Last edited by Niniel Sanders on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Hurray, time for the next quote then:

QUOTE Westu Aragorn hal.[/quote]

What? is the girl's keyboard broken or something?
Can't she spell?

No, the quote is actually:

QUOTE Westu Aragorn hal.[/quote]

really.

Eastu Aragorn way.
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Eowyn to Aragorn at the beginning of RotK during Rohan's victory party!

I'm I'm right then I'm actually surprised I didn't have to do any research on this one even though non-English languages always through me off. Must be thanks to my Rohan love ">>
Last edited by Eia Donne on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Eia Donne wrote:QUOTE (Eia Donne @ Sep 6 2011, 10:43 PM) Eowyn to Aragorn at the beginning of RotK during Rohan's victory party!

I'm I'm right then I'm actually surprised I didn't have to do any research on this one even though non-English languages always through me off. Must be thanks to my Rohan love ">>

You are right :D welll done, your turn
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Yay! Lets see...how about:

"Cast aside The Ranger."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

QUOTE Cast aside The Ranger.[/quote]

Become who you were born to be ...

Elrond in a very non-book moment but works well in the movies, talking with Aragorn son of Arathorn, as the SWORD is passed on to the heir. In a tent. On the top of a hill. Which was reached (by Elrond) riding a horse and climbing a bunch of switch-backs. The upper encampment at Dunharrow.

Except ... isn't it "Put aside the Ranger"?
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Correct!

Oops on my part though if it was "Put aside the ranger." Snagged it from a website while looking for ideas as I remembered the moment, but not the exact dialogue. ^^;;
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Quite a moment it was. I had to actually look it up, myself, to get the rest of the quote. :lol: .

New quote:

"Уnen i-Estel Edain."
Ravariel Aiwince
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ravariel Aiwince »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 9 2011, 04:04 AM) Quite a moment it was. I had to actually look it up, myself, to get the rest of the quote. :lol: .

New quote:

"Уnen i-Estel Edain."
*turns up out of nowhere* Yay, something I know! Very same scene, very same person, pretty close in time, too. Elrond says it, Aragorn continues it.
But since we're at correcting quotes... there's no Y in it :ph34r:
Elrond: "Ónen i estel Edain..."
Aragorn: "...ú-chebin estel anim."

Notice something? I turn up when it goes language-freaky x)

Return to “HOLTS Activities”