Wand-making - Questions?

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Wand-making - Questions?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Do you have questions about Wand-making? Ask here!

If you are wanting to ask how to make a tab for your wand because your back pocket is gone -- or how to fix your wand because it accidentally got sat on -- or if you are lacking buttocks because you carried your wand in your back pocket, and want to ask how to fix it -- and don't want to ask in here because it's sort of public, please send me a HOL PM.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This is a question which is asked each year. I'm just going to write it in here so there is no need to ask!

Question:
If I took Wand-making before, and didn't pass it, may I take it again?

Answer:
Yes, you may take Wand-making again.

I have already written different, alternative, assignments for those of you who already turned in a homework (or homeworks) and received points for them. (Be aware that if you received points for previous Wand-making assignments, those same homeworks will not earn you points again. Why yes, I do have all the homeworks ever sent in! ^_^ )

Remember to tell me you've taken the class -- send me an email to the class site or send me a HOL PM or an HOL Message -- and would like alternative assignments to replace those which you've already sent in. I'm delighted to send them to you. :)

More questions consistently asked so am putting them in here, too:

Question: Do I send my homework and extra credit in together?

Answer: Yes, please. Put them in the same email. Do not send the Assignment in one email and the EC in another. Send them together with the Subject Line (this would be for Assignment 1): "Wandmaking - Lesson 1 - (your HOL name)". Remember to include in the body of the email your HOL name and House.

Question:
May I send in my homework late -- past the due date -- even if I didn't request an extension?

Answer:
If you send in your homework after the due date, I will accept it but points will be deducted for being sent in after the due date on a sliding scale depending on how late it is.

Question: May I send in my homework with attachments?

Answer: No. Don't send in your homework as an attachment, either embedded in the email or indicated at bottom of email with paperclip (or whatever). Type your responses in the body of the email.

Question: I am about to complete the assignment one. But I have a question about the extra credit. Where do I find the information about the three different wizards/those authors?

Answer:
This is a two-part Extra Credit, the first part is below.
Name three wizards, one each from the works of Shakespeare, Tolkien and Rowling, who either had their staff (or wand) deliberately (ie: not an accident) broken or the wizard deliberately got rid of it. Say who it was and the general circumstances surrounding the situation.
For each of these, if you are not already familiar with the authors and their books, I suggest doing a Google search with the author's name and the words "broken staff" or "broken wand". You might need to use discernment with the results, as I did with the first results when I went in with "Rowling + broken wand" as, apparently, there is a critique called "Broken Wand" and it showed at the top. However, directly after all the "Broken Wand" search finds, there were two results which indicate wizards who had their wands broken.

"Shakespeare + broken staff" came up immediately with a guideline to a possible answer for the Extra Credit.

"Tolkien + broken staff" also had a similar search result.

Then just do some research on those names and the event.

Remember ... put all your findings in your own words! If I can Google phrases of, or in, your answer and come up with someone else who wrote it, you do not get credit for it.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Wand-Making”