Welcome to Charms!

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Welcome to Charms!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Welcome to Charms.

As it says on the welcoming page of the class, I am Prof. Tarma Amelia Black, and I have the honor of Prof. Ulol Kimil's class. This class was originally taught by Prof. Olivia Rictusempra. Ulol got it from Olivia, and, after teaching a few years, went off to train Hippogriffs, at which time I inherited the class.

Be aware that to become an Auror, or a Herbologist, or any kind of practitioner of magic, let alone live in the wizarding world, a basic grounding in all matters of magic always includes a knowledge of charmwork, magical ability, your wand and, yes, those things which supposedly you shouldn't know about but somehow you MUST know about - the Unforgivable Curses.

If you survive the Term, and pass the class, you will have at least the beginnings of such knowledge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also, if you survive the Term and pass the class, there are a couple of Awards given out if the criteria is met --

The Matchstick Award
This award celebrates those people who earned a lot of points (at least 250), including those of the Term exam.

The Advanced Matchstick Award
This award celebrates those people who earned the full 300 points possible in the class.

Good luck! I hope to be handing out a bunch of these Awards at the end of Term. :)

Tarma
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Welcome to Charms!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Hi Charming students!

A couple of things ...

I have closed the link to join Charms on the 'Classes' page in the front hall. If you are wanting to join the class, please send an email to the class email site, saying you would like to join the class. Be sure to include in your email, in the subject line "request to join class" and then, in the body of the email, include your HOL name so I can manually add you to the class. :)

As is written in Charms - Questions?,
- - -
"Question:
If I took Charms before, and didn't pass it, may I take it again?

Answer:
Yes, you may take Charms again.

I have already written different, alternative, assignments for those of you who already turned in a homework (or homeworks) and received points for them. (Be aware that if you received points for previous Charms assignments, those same homeworks will not earn you points again. Why yes, I do have all the homeworks I ever received! ^_^ )

Remember to tell me you've taken the class -- send me an email to the class site or send me a HOL PM -- and would like alternative assignments to replace those which you've already sent in. I'm delighted to send them to you. :)"

- - -

Please be aware that if you send in a homework which includes answers for which you've already earned points, you will not receive points again for the same information. Yes, we really do check! Hopefully you are aware of this and have requested alternative assignments.

We look forward to receiving your assignments!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Charms”