Doctor Who!

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Sophia Rudel
No broom

Re: Doctor Who!

Post by Sophia Rudel »

My first was Eccleston too. I'll always have a soft spot for Nine (you never forget your first Doctor!) I liked when Tennant took over, although I cried so much when he and Rose were separated to the parallel worlds and then a lot more when he regenerated. I loved Matt Smith's doctor. He could be so playful and then so vicious. I loved watching his doctor with River Song! As much as I love my Doctors she is one of my favorite characters. If you haven't had the chance I would recommend the original Doctors especially the Fourth. My favorites of his are The Ark in Space and the Deadly Assassin.
Practice Random Acts of Reading
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Third time is the charm?

As some may know, I have a love-hate relationship with Doctor Who series, which may be surprising, considering I loved Torchwood (until Children of Earth that is... <_< ).

I loved Eccleston as a Doctor, but stopped watching after Rose stopped being a companion. Tried some episodes without her , but the cast just did not have the same energy for me. I resumed on Sky's urging three or so years ago, same result.

However, I love, love, love Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. Female Doctor (and the 13th Doctor series in general) is very polarizing, but I just love it. Sure, some ideas might be bit too out there, but I love her acting, her interpretation of the doctor, the companions, everything.

So, I decided to give the 2005 series another try. Maybe this time I will make it past my record? ;)
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Cassiopia Smith
No broom

Post by Cassiopia Smith »

I'm not what you'd consider a avid doctor who fan but as a fan of both David Tennant and Catherine Tate I really enjoyed the show when they were both on it :)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Sadly, I haven't watched Doctor Who in a few years now. For me, the story began to unravel when Jodie Whitaker took over the role. Now don't get me wrong, I love Jodie as an actress, but she just never quite felt right for this particular role. She came across as blundering and a bit too glib for my liking. Then Chibnall took it in an entirely out-of-left-field direction and basically destroyed the whole history of the show. I'm not sure if I will pick it up again or not. My favorite Doctor, however, still is Matt Smith.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Alexandra Starling
No broom

Post by Alexandra Starling »

I'm a bit late to this, but I absolutely adore the show. unfortunately I haven't been able to watch past Season 12 (Jodie Whittaker's one). Unfortunately they've removed it from Amazon Prime and BBC where I live, so all my updates are form social media :( . But oh, I've cried and laughed watching this show. Absolutely amazing!
Maeve Madden
No broom

Post by Maeve Madden »

I just started watching it over again a few days ago! I kept seeing a bunch of buzz about the new episodes, and since I stopped watching after Matt Smith's Doctor, this was the perfect excuse to start the show over again. I grew up on Doctor Who so I'm pretty excited to watch it again.

My favourite Doctor is David Tennant for sure, with Matt Smith coming in a close second. Although, being on Eccleston's season, he's definitely growing on me a lot.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I haven't really watched, sadly, since the middle of Jodie's run. I say sadly because I am a lifelong fan of the show. My favorite Doctor is Smith, hands down. Tennant was brilliant as well, but Smith had me before his first episode ended.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “TV Talk”