Supergirl

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Supergirl

Post by Ariella McManus »

I've yet to check this one out. Has anyone seen it? The previews looked fairly decent, but would love to hear some opinions before I tune in :D
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Re: Supergirl

Post by Prof. Limine Snidget »

I had very low expectations for this show and thought it would be terrible, but I've actually been pleasantly surprised! Comparing it to other superhero(ish) shows I watch/have watched - Arrow, The Flash, Gotham (and I may be forgetting another one >>), it probably ranks the lowest. There hasn't been anything amazing about it that has me enthralled with the show yet, but I think there is some promise there and I plan on continuing to watch.
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Post by Fumei Spookie »

I have the same feeling as Ashley (although I didn't really like gotham, arrow and the flash x'D) but up until now I keep on having 'superman' feelings with the show. So I hope it will turn a bit different than Superman and really it's own kind of superhero/serie
Iris Ixchel
No broom

Post by Iris Ixchel »

I'm a pretty big fan of Arrow and The Flash, so I was Supergirl was going to have to really impress. It doesn't.
The two biggest problems are the plot, which is obvious and boring at best, and Melissa Benoist, who either cannot act or is not right for the roll.
I'll keep up with it for a few more weeks to see if things improve but it's not looking promising.
I do love Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, very nasty.
Alessandra Grace
No broom

Post by Alessandra Grace »

I watched this series, and I loved it! I'm not sure why, I actually liked it (maybe because I'm Superman's #1 fan lol). Sure, it was not like other big superheroes series, but I liked the way it was taking it easy, didn't seem to have big expectations, like if it was a kind of relax break between the others :rolleyes:

Oh, and every time Cat Grant spoke, I was hypnotized by her :wub:
Hear me roar!
Hanna Inari
No broom

Post by Hanna Inari »

Wow.
I watched only one episode of Supergirl and I remember being very impressed and then I decided that I should definitely watch the others and forgot about it completely. I'd say it is impressive but not very deep, but maybe it becomes deeper later. I'm not a big fan of movies and series in general, I'm more of a fan of anime, so I was surprised that I liked it at all. Maybe I should continue watching it.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I watched the first episode and it was fairly good but I am not much of a comic book fanatic like some of my family and friends. I did like how they modernized the show and I realize the evil villains are the same but I was told new ones were coming to the show.... but I may need to give it another Go!
Veillamoria Auguren Riddle
No broom

Post by Veillamoria Auguren Riddle »

I started to watch it but got sidetracked with other shows, so I'm gonna have to start all over with bit.

Return to “TV Talk”