Docu-series

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Docu-series

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Its name, docu-series, is pretty self-explanatory. It is a documentary television series, which present the theme over several episodes rather than a single movie. For me personally, I find it easier to follow a shorter documentary, in 45 minutes or so, than watch a movie, even if overall the run of the docu-series is longer. Sure, I could pause the movie, but then I find that I lose the thread or completely forget about it.

Right now, I am watching docu-series called Losers on Netflix, which talks about sporting “losers”, who made either international headline for their mistakes that made an impact beyond that single score or who were pitted against a community that rejected them in some way. It is very interesting to see the events from their perspective and what drove them to “failure”.

I also have some other docu-series lined up, like The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Explained, Making a Murderer and something more light-hearted, like South Pacific and Dogs.

What docu-series did you watch or are plan on watching? Do you love documentaries in general or was it just that one or two that got your attention?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Annie Days
No broom

Re: Docu-series

Post by Annie Days »

Not really sure if it is a docu-series or not but I was really interested in the Waco series that came out a while back. I think I was so interested because my mom lives in Whitney- about 30 minutes from Waco and my husband and I actually went to Waco to see what was going on when I was expecting child number 3. I remember thinking how eery it was and now to watch the series is even odder.
Jay Silverwood
No broom

Post by Jay Silverwood »

The disappearance of Elisa Lam is classed as a docu-series I believe and it is definitely an interesting watch if you're into true crime - well, it's arguable whether there's a crime or not, but that's for the series to show you! Some really interesting extra details and weird discoveries that you have to decide are coincidences or not which I really like! It is on Netflix
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

Thank you for reminding me about docuseries. I just found some to add to my to be watched list. One is called a guide to meditation, which is something I have trouble understanding how to do. I tend to enjoy docuseries, though it has been some time since I have watched one.

Return to “TV Talk”