Discussion 1: Pets!

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Discussion 1: Pets!

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

This is the place to discuss your pets!! Taken directly for the class website:

Do you have any pets in real life? If you do, tell us: What kind of pet it is?, What’s its name?, What makes it special?, Does it do any tricks?, Any other thing you want to share with the class?

If you don’t have any pets, then please tell us the reason why you don’t have one. Is it your choice?, Is it a parental restriction?, any other reasons? Then tell us, if you could have a pet, which kind of animal would it be?, Why?

For both types there are no word limits, but please do not make too short! Try to describe your pet(s) as best as you can, or explain your reason why you don't have one, the best way possible! Thanks!!

You know what to do! Remember this is 10 points worth of extra credit

I'll start by telling you about my pet.

Her name is Camila and she is white toy poodle. She is 7 years old. She's been with my family since she was a little puppy. She was fist given to my aunt but since she already had a dog she gifted her to us. At first Cami only stayed with us during the weekends because dad didn't want her to stay all time. However Cami played her cards really well and using all of her cuteness and charm, after only a month she managed to win my dad's heart and he let her stay with us for the whole week!

Cami loves car rides, fetching her ball, belly rubs, long strolls, and sleeping. She also knows where the right place to go to the bathroom is, although I'm not sure if that can be considered a trick! :lol:
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: Pets!

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

This is the start of a new term and you can post youwr answers in here! :)

Unfortunately my little Camila passed away last year :(
She was 17 years old when she died. It was very painful and it still hurts to think about her her. She gave one of the happiest times of my life. She will be forever loved! :wub:

Right now we only have one pet dog. His name is Titán. He is 7 years old. We believe he is a Maltese dog but we are still not sure and we may never be sure of that. My father adopted him 4 days before Christmas. He loves to play with his ball and loves to walk and bark to other dogs!

How about you?
Remember this can be worth 10 points.
Alexandra Rosier
No broom

Re: Discussion 1: Pets!

Post by Alexandra Rosier »

Let me introduce you to my wonderful furry and shelled family members who light up my life every day. First, there are Dafne and Scooby, my two spirited puppies, named after the iconic duo from "Scooby-Doo." These two are a handful, but their boundless energy and playfulness are a constant source of joy. They've mastered the art of sitting and lying down when there are treats involved, but they have a mischievous side too. When they're not listening, they love chasing each other around, and their playful tumbles never fail to put a smile on my face.

Then there's Nerina, my elegant black cat with a personality as mysterious as her coat. She's the queen of her own world, spending most of her day napping like royalty. However, she has a mischievous streak that often manifests in late-night zoomies through my room. It's her way of keeping me on my toes and, I suspect, her way of finding amusement in waking me up at 3 am.

Last but not least, there's Ines, my aquatic turtle. Ines lives life at her own pace, seemingly unaffected by the chaos of the canine and feline world around her. She's all about food and relaxation, taking each day as it comes, reminding me of the tranquility that can be found in the simplest of lives.

Together, these four bring a wonderful blend of energy, mystery, and serenity into my home. Their unique personalities and quirks make each day an adventure. They've not only found a place in my heart but have also made my house a sanctuary of love and companionship.
"He is half of my soul, as the poets say.”
― Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles
Sophia Williams
No broom

Post by Sophia Williams »

I’ve always loved animals. My stepdad’s mother lives in a farm, so I grew up taking care of farm animals during the holidays. She used to raise sheep from birth, and we had to fed some by hands. I also grew up with a rabbit, his name was Gris-Gris, he was my best friend and, even though he passed away in 2019, I still miss him everyday.
At the moment I only have fish at home as I’m flatting, and they only allow fish. I have 2 fish tanks at the moment, but I used to have 3, unfortunately my betta, Azule, passed away about 6 months ago due to an uncurable disease.
My mom and stepdad adopted 2 cats, Phileas and Rhadamanthe. Phileas is 5 years old and he’s white with some colour patches, while Rhadamanthe is 3 years old and she’s grey. Rhadamanthe is she most verbal cat. They have wet food every morning and if we are not awake by 6am she’ll let us know it’s time to wake up and then will follow us and meow until she gets her wet food. I only spend 3 months per year at home as I live aboard and when I’m back they both follow me everywhere, it’s just so adorable.
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

I have 2 adorable French Bulldogs. One of them, Harley, is sadly no longer with us. I, unfortunately, lost her a few months ago. She was a truly special doggie who was really good at sleeping and begging for cuddles. :P I love her forever for her laziness and her warm heart. She was and is my motivation each day!

My other, younger dog is named Slash. That’s his name because when we got him, what stood out to us the most about him was the little white dot on his black fur, looking a bit like a slash. That was when my little brother gave us the idea to name him Slash! I think that’s what’s really special about him. He is super playful and energetic compared to my Harley who loves to sleep, eat, and repeat all day. xD He loves playing fetch with me and running around. I don’t think he ever gets tired! He brings the peace and, simultaneously, the chaos to my life, and I love it and I love him, my stubborn little pup. :P

Return to “Care of Magical Pets”