Questions?

Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

Hello. i have been trying to work on the first puzzle with the questions for hours now. I got all the answers and took the first letter of every answer and put them together, but it won't let me go to the next puzzle, the word that i finish with are just letters, they dont make any words. I even double checked the answers on the internet a few times and keep coming back to the same answers, am i doing anything wrong? i don't know if i am supposed to ask this or not, dont answer if i am not allowed, but for the last question, about Artcurus Black's daughter, i found 3 different Arcturus Blacks, which one is the question referring to? Thanks :)
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Tom --- one point of the puzzle is for you to find out that. You can actually try working with all 3 of them, and see which letter works. The whole puzzle wouldn't be so hard if confusing things like this didn't exist. Please check your PMs in a bit for more info. :)
Andrea Caroline
No broom

Post by Andrea Caroline »

just to make sure, the letters we found should form a word, right?
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Andrea Caroline wrote:QUOTE (Andrea Caroline @ Feb 18 2011, 07:36 PM) just to make sure, the letters we found should form a word, right?
The letters that you find do not necessarily form a word that can be found in any dictionary that I've ever heard of ....

Simply follow the instructions that the evil Zoki wrote up, Andrea. :)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

hello. i just tried to submit the third puzzle to the last task, but when i try to add the keyword to the address, it just gives me a blank page, before when i would get it wrong, it would say that the page isn't found, but now there is a blank page, does that mean i am done of the task? thanks.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

I'm not sure I understand your question, Tom.

You've been able to submit your previous Task solutions before.

According to the instructions on page one of the Third Task:

QUOTE Also remember this for submitting your solution: include each room (each page, each step) of your way to the Triwizard Cup, sent it at the tournament's e-mail address, title it properly, and don't forget to include your HOL Name, HOL ID, and HOL House somewhere in the body of the e-mail.[/quote]

Perhaps that is one of the challenges of the Task, to turn it in to the correct address?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Tom --- if it says that the page can't be found, they you've got a wrong keyword. If it says nothing... then you have to figure out what to do next. *g*
You'll know when you're done with the puzzle beacause it says so at the last page. :)
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

hi. whenever the actual tri wizard tournament starts, will the tasks be posted so everyone can see them? thanks.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

That's a good question, Tom.

I'm not sure of what the answer is except to say that you will, at some time, be knowing what the Champion has to do! But it might not be at the same time as when that Task is running.

Return to “Triwizard Tournament”