Questions?

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Well, we don't really want them, but we would be really glad to answer them. :rolleyes:

Anyway yeah, if you have any questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to post below and me or Tarma will get back to you as soon as possible.
Allison Jameson
No broom

Post by Allison Jameson »

I have more of a curiosity question. I've never heard of these schools, so how did you find them? Or did they find you? Are they like our sister schools, and is there a chance we'll do more with them in the future?

....sorry my mind is, like, blown at the moment. XD
This post is the courtesy of ickle-firstie Aly J, tenderly wrapped up with love. <3
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

You can google their names to find them, Aly. I didn't want to include links to them as it's not appropriate in regard with HOL's rules. And yes, they contacted us.

As for cooperating with them in the future --- no one knows about that, but hopefully we can at least continue doing stuff like this tournament?
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean Fuaddy
No broom

Post by Dean Fuaddy »

What do the assistants doing during the tournament?

Yeah something about, baby You and I
James Domino
No broom

Post by James Domino »

What if the chosen person couldn't make it due to RL problems. Will there be a substitute?
Thank you Eleanor Larg for amazing signature
Eno Thomas
Moontrimmer

Post by Eno Thomas »

I remember in the books that the classes were canceled during the TT so is there a chance that the February assignments could have an extension for all the students who participate in this, or for everyone?
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Dean --- The Assistant #1 can help, or replace, the Champion. Assistant #2 can help, or replace, the Assistant #1. And so on. Basically, they are there to either help the Champion, or to replace him/her if he/she can't make it or has some RL issues that stop him/her from doing his/her work.

James --- That's the point of the Assistants.

Eno --- Sadly, this is not under me and Tarma's power. I think, that it shouldn't have a huge affect on people's February work, but I'm sure everyone who wants and needs an extension can ask for one from the teacher and explain that these tasks have been too time consuming for them? I'll talk to Ulol, but I'm not really sure this could work. I see no trouble in giving the Champion and his Assistants extension on all their HOL work during the -actual- Tournament, but I think we can't do it for all of HOL, sorry.
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

Wait so do we have to actually sign up? Or do we just hand in our tasks ..
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Bella --- as I mentioned in the info post: "You do NOT need to sign up anywhere for this, you just have to send in something (doesn't have to be the full, correct, answer) for the first task. Everyone who submits something will be added to the roster, and then it will be locked, no new names can be added."

So no, there won't be any sign ups, you just send in your task. :)
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

I figured people would like to know this one, so I'm including an IRC question here:
[13:04:33] <@Apsalar> wait...does the TIME it takes me to complete it have an impact on my points? >_>
[13:04:51] <@Apsalar> points being house points....not the overall triwizard scores 'cause those I WANT TO BE LOW.

That's a no. You get all the house points by correctly solving the puzzle, the timing doesn't matter. It only matters for the Challenge Points, which will decide who our 4 chosen ones will be.
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

i have a question, i don't quite understand the first task. what does it mean by a description of its breakdown? thanks.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Basically what "accident" happened to the object.
"1. The vase (which didn't explode) appeared sometime before the object that plays piano." --- Here you're clearly told that the vase DIDN'T explode. So obviously one of the other objects exploded. ;)
Lucy Greyback
No broom

Post by Lucy Greyback »

What a minute, my chances of being picked are hurt by sending it in later? O.o
|4th Year||Student Teacher: Astrology 101 and Werewolves 101||Gryffindor.|
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Lucy --- as stated in the Info Thread, "There will be time rewards for sending in answers quickly. The first person to sends in a submission will get 10 CP, the second person 9 CP, the third 8 CP, etc." So yes, sending in an entry later slightly influences your chance of being the Champion.
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

thanks, i have one more short question. i read that we'll do task 2 if we can survive task 1, are the tasks elimination based? if i or someone doesn't do good on the first task, will we still go onto the second task? thanks.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Tom --- there is no elimination as long as you submit the task, regardless how good or bad you do. So even if someone gets 10 Challenge Points, that person still gets to do the next task.
Only people who don't submit anything for the current task aren't allowed to try the next task. :)
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I'm backing Zoki up all the way on this!

SEND IN YOUR ANSWER!

Even if you think you are terrible with this one, send it in!

There will be two other Tasks for you to excel in and maybe pass up whoever got the highest 'score' in this part of it.

And, gee, this is nice. I get online and see Zoki has fielded ALL the questions! WHOOOT!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Amanda Summers
No broom

Post by Amanda Summers »

Can we still participate if we didnt do task one? I missed it!!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Hi Amanda

I'm sorry you missed the first Task.

You can participate by solving the Crossword Puzzle yourself to appreciate the challenge -- but as for being a competitor in the TriWizard Tournament, no.

That is now open to only those peoples who completed Task One in a timely fashion.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

OK... Question about the Task Two: Do we have to find a "nickname" for every word we find? I didn't get it... What do you mean by "Professor Ulol FuzzyPinkSlipper Kimil"? If the answer is hypothetically Professor Ulol Kimil, we have to figure out the FuzzyPinkSlipper part too? Like how?

Sorry if the question seems stupid, but the words don't fit in the puzzle :P haha
-I need a new siggy!-

Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violeta Lost ~ vi803 ~ Sixth Year ~ Proud Hufflepuff

Return to “Triwizard Tournament”