Questions?

Sisa Cis-Ceres
No broom

Post by Sisa Cis-Ceres »

Is there any rule about order of words like Name - Surname or it can be switched?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Violeta Lost wrote:QUOTE (Violeta Lost @ Feb 13 2011, 12:39 PM) OK... Question about the Task Two: Do we have to find a "nickname" for every word we find? I didn't get it... What do you mean by "Professor Ulol FuzzyPinkSlipper Kimil"? If the answer is hypothetically Professor Ulol Kimil, we have to figure out the FuzzyPinkSlipper part too? Like how?

Sorry if the question seems stupid, but the words don't fit in the puzzle :P haha
No, you do not have to find a nickname for every answer.

But I figure your question is ... hypothetical in and of itself? ;)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Feb 13 2011, 10:45 PM) No, you do not have to find a nickname for every answer.

But I figure your question is ... hypothetical in and of itself? ;)

So we DO have to find "nicknames" for some answers, right? But we don't have any clues for the nicknames...

**EDIT - Nevermind, I think I figured it out ;) Thanks..
Last edited by Violeta Lost on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-I need a new siggy!-

Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violeta Lost ~ vi803 ~ Sixth Year ~ Proud Hufflepuff
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Sisa Cis-Ceres wrote:QUOTE (Sisa Cis-Ceres @ Feb 13 2011, 12:42 PM) Is there any rule about order of words like Name - Surname or it can be switched?
All the answers are as they are given in HP canon, ie straight-forward with given name and surname (in those answers where that sort of answer is applicable).
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Lily Padfoot
No broom

Post by Lily Padfoot »

Is there any chance of certain answers being shorter than the given boxes? I swear my answer for one keeps ending up one box short, despite not being able to find any other name that fits the clue...
Lily Padfoot | li409 | Seventh Year
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Lily Padfoot wrote:QUOTE (Lily Padfoot @ Feb 13 2011, 12:55 PM) Is there any chance of certain answers being shorter than the given boxes? I swear my answer for one keeps ending up one box short, despite not being able to find any other name that fits the clue...
Others have sent in answers to the crossword and filled in all the boxes.

Maybe a warble or glibbering humdinger got to your puzzle box?

Set out a bowl of milk and then reload your page and see if it changes. *nods*
Aidan Argent
No broom

Post by Aidan Argent »

ok dumb question.

i just sent in task 2 but now that i've reread the task, i'm curious if you NEEDED to have them in numbered order - 1 down is, 2 across is, etc., or is it okay that I kept them separated like a typical crossword puzzle (but in order) - ACROSS: 2, 3, 5, etc. DOWN: 1, 4, 6, etc. (making up numbers here for an ex)?

if that's the case, they need to be numbered 1-30 in order, can i resubmit?? siiiiigh.

Aidan • Dana • ai376
SQT.
dxxth.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Aidan --- Nah, they don't need to be numbered like that. Your way was perfectly fine too, and actually most of the people sent it in like that, instead of ordered from 1 to 30. :)
Aidan Argent
No broom

Post by Aidan Argent »

hooray! thanks zok :)

Aidan • Dana • ai376
SQT.
dxxth.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Darn it, Zoki!

And here I was going to respond with quite a different answer, just for Aidan!

*halo*
Aidan Argent
No broom

Post by Aidan Argent »

aw tarma you're so mean to me! -cries-

haha <3<3

Aidan • Dana • ai376
SQT.
dxxth.
Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

A question about Task two: What is SPARKY?? (number 29 DOWN!) It's still bugging me that I didn't find it! :huh:
-I need a new siggy!-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prof. Rilla White
No broom

Post by Prof. Rilla White »

I hope I am allowed to answer... Sparky is the Macaws team mascot and their colors are red, yellow and blue like the hint said.

Thanks to Herms for the beautiful signature!
Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

Rilla White wrote:QUOTE (Rilla White @ Feb 18 2011, 12:51 AM) I hope I am allowed to answer... Sparky is the Macaws team mascot and their colors are red, yellow and blue like the hint said.
Oh.... I searched so much, but I couldn't find it! Anyways :D
-I need a new siggy!-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Solix Fortis
No broom

Post by Solix Fortis »

For the 3rd task do you just want us to send in the URLs of the pages, or something more?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Solix Fortis wrote:QUOTE (Solix Fortis @ Feb 17 2011, 08:29 PM) For the 3rd task do you just want us to send in the URLs of the pages, or something more?
Hi Solix

Right now, I'm suggesting to everyone to keep track of the answers you obtain, the URLs and the actual pages that you see.

This is called the 'belt and suspenders' approach.

I'm not sure of what Zoki wants, but cover all the bases, just in case! When Zoki gets online, for sure he will see your question and answer.

Thank you for asking.

:)
Scarlet Irisa
No broom

Post by Scarlet Irisa »

I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, but when it says reverse the order, does it mean any random order or just backwards?
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

Scarlet Irisa wrote:QUOTE (Scarlet Irisa @ Feb 18 2011, 06:15 PM) I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, but when it says reverse the order, does it mean any random order or just backwards?
I have the same question. I am completely stuck.
Tara Aurelium
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tara Aurelium »

It means backwards. (:
5th year | RQT co-captain | the botmaster
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Sending in the URLs is what you need to do, but including your answers to the puzzles is also good.

Thanks Tara for answering, that's exactly what it means. :)

Return to “Triwizard Tournament”