Interschool Triwizard Tournament * Task Three

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Oh please Tarma, you know they're gonna pick on you! It's much more fun than picking on me or anyone else. ;)
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

WELL Lets get to it!!!

WE ALL WANT TO KNOW !!!!!!!!!

PLEASE :)

*Crosses Fingers and Toes !!
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Actually, I'm all for announcing it.

It's Zoki and Ulol who are dragging their feet.

I wonder if they are looking for a large cave in the mountains to run to after said announcement is made ....
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Well it's much more evil to have every one waiting! Plus it adds to the tension and adrenaline, which is kinda nice when you're not the one waiting for the results but the one who has them. :lol:

If you ask me, I'd just keep the results a secret forever. ;)
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Ulol Kimil »

I DECLARE THIS WEEK "BUG TARMA WEEK"!!!

So be a good HOLer and bug Tarma every time you see her :lol:
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

*goes to make a banner for the HOL Blog to let everybody know about this week's special event*

:rolleyes:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Presenting the submissions from our Champions for this terribly difficult Third Task.

Note: Zoki created a huge maze thing that one had to get all the answers correct in order to find the final challenge of the Task. This was the final part of that Challenge:

QUOTE Your final task is to show a form of creativity - you get to pick how and what it will be, we just picked the theme - Lord Voldemort! Even though he was the bad guy, all the HP adventures wouldn't be possible without him, so let's see how you'll show appreciation for him (will it be a song? A poem? A graphic? The choice is totally yours). As usually, send in your submission to Chris Starling through a PM at the Triwizard Tournament
Note: This last part of the submission will be graded both by creativity, quality, and speed, so you better find a balance between all three if you want a good score for it![/quote]

Jenny Lupin (she was the first one to sent it):

QUOTE Hi Chris!

I've finished the last step of task 3! (And hopefully escaped the Death Eaters, lol.) I didn't see anything posted or sent as a message about sending in the passwords and/or the trivia and riddle answers, so if you would like those as well, please let me know!

For the end of Task 3, we decided to create a Lord Voldemort Appreciation Day, and have presented it to the judges in the form of a website: http://iheartvoldy.weebly.com/index.html

We hope you enjoy!!

Jenny Lupin~[/quote]

Helena Glaedr (2nd):

QUOTE Hey!
Here is my gift to the Dark Lord :
http://www.shrani.si/f/36/RP/1GgmSmqB/img.jpg
Lord Voldemort and Nagini...

I also made a song and I sent it on your email.

She didn't know how to put a song here on TT forum, so she just sent it to my email. And I don't have your emails, so I put it on fileden. So here it is: ___________[/quote]
note from Tarma on posting these submissions:
Helena, being very modest, asked that the organizers be the only ones to hear the song. I will say, though, that I had goosebumps when I listened to what she wrote and played. I hope she changes her mind and lets everyone hear her submission!

Larrie Larstonovб (3rd):

QUOTE „Very well then,“ I reply, seemingly calm. Inside, I’m terrified. For I know exactly what I have to do now. Panic fear of death, adoration of power, cruelty... What could possibly show Lord Voldemort honour and respect? Taking into account he is dead, failing at his key mission - the hunt for immortality, this is no easy task. Unless... Unless you would use his own means to change the current situation. Unless you would sacrifice everything which is honourable in a man and you would change the facts a little bit.
Lord Voldemort’s soul resides in the deepest darkest spot of limbo, completely trapped, unable to move forward or back. Unable to return among the living, unable to go “onâ€￾ and, in a certain sense, reach immortality. They say this damnation is eternal. What they forget to say is that it is eternal, but not unable to be transmitted in between individuals. That is to say, the sinner who caused the curse does not have to be the one who carries the burden. Wonder if Lord Voldemort is the kind of guy who would accept these conditions and would be willing to go on and become immortal with the thought that others are suffering for his deeds. (;D) Oh well... No worries there.

There is only one way that can be used. A ritual. A very dark, dirty and evil ritual. One that could be used only by Lord Voldemort’s followers. The decision is made. I sigh.

As I sit on the wet maze ground with a piece of parchment, combining my knowledge from the art of Ancient Runes, Enchantments, White Magic (how ironic), Defence Against the Dark Arts and Charms, I watch the bunch of dark cloaks standing a few feet away from me. So quiet, so hostile, so “voldy-likeâ€￾. I’m scared, there is no doubt about that. Terrified. Not sure if what scares me the most are the Death Eaters or the thing I am creating on the parchment in front of me. I remember all the basic dark rituals I read in the Restricted section of our library. Horrific. When I read them, I wished I had never done so. Now, they come useful. A quick thought crosses my mind. “Just leave the cup, turn around, go away. You don’t have to do this.â€￾ Another sees the faces of my school mates. I have to go on. And finally, I am about to finish.

“Hey,â€￾ I call, looking towards the dark figures. I don’t dare to come any closer. “I think I am done.â€￾

“You THINK you are done?â€￾ I hear a mocking reply. “Well then let’s have a look at that miracle, you dirty little Mudblood,â€￾ one of the Death Eaters steps forward and takes my parchment before I have time to protest.
“What is this?â€￾ he asks, looking sceptically at my piece of work. Well, thank you very much.

“Let me explain,â€￾ I say instead of giving him a direct answer. “Take a closer look at the parchment please:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1497/twt31.jpg

.â€￾
The Death Eater rolls out the parchment even more. Okay, here we go. I light up my wand.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6670/twt32.jpg

“I did not come up with a song. I did not write a poem for your Master. I didn’t draw him pretty pictures. Instead, I realised that to please Lord Voldemort, even after his death, that is if I consider the demonstration of respect a pleasing thing, is extremely hard. Does he care for songs, poems, does he care for art?â€￾ I hear a mocking laughter among the crowd. The Death Eater in front of me frowns. Ouch. “No, of course not,â€￾ I hurry with an answer that was not needed. “You must all know how difficult it was to please your Master. Is that right?â€￾ I am gaining a little confidence, so I raise my eyes a little bit and look to the crowd. They still seem extremely hostile, but I can see they are listening carefully.

“I came up with the answer. To please him, you have to use what attitude he used to have. There is no pretty magic that would show your Dark Lord the best honour and respect possible. You have to use Dark magic to do that,â€￾ I look around. The Death Eaters are beginning to seem interested. “Now, I am not going to be the one performing this thing. Firstly, there is absolutely no way I would take that path,â€￾ I know I sound a little too heroic and I feel silly in front of those guys, but excuse me, this is no task for me. It is a task for them, since they had the guts to get the freaky tattoo.

“And secondly, there are seven people needed to complete it. Your Masterґs soul is trapped in limbo, suffering, screaming in total agony. Destroyed. Failed. Not able to go back, but also not able to go forward and reach a certain type of immortality. One way to change this, to show the Dark Lord respect and honour, and probably one of the best possible ways, is to take the burden of his little soul chest. To do this voluntarily. Because if he could, he would order you to do so. Thing is, he can’t. So it is up to you. My part of the respect is to show you the possible way. And then...â€￾ I stop dramatically and look around. They are listening quite closely.

“So how about you stop all this gibberish and get down to the point, eh?â€￾ a woman voice calls from the back of the group. Right.

“As you wish. There is a ritual that will enable you to take your Master’s place. Since he made seven horcruxes during his life, his soul is cracked, completely deformed. If the soul is to pass “onâ€￾, it needs to be reunited. This is why seven wizards are needed to perform this ritual. One for each horcrux. May I?â€￾ I look at the tall Death Eater in front of me, pointing at the parchment. He gives it over to me.

“A magic circle needs to be drawn for every horcrux that was used by your Master. In total, however, there will be six, with two people standing in one circle, since there were always six horcruxes at one time. One had been destroyed before the last one was made. Six circles for seven people and one big circle to unite them. All seven missing parts of the deformed soul.â€￾

“One circle for the person representing the horcrux of Marvolo Gaunt’s ring.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1540/twt3hor3.jpg

One for the person representing the horcrux of Salazar Slytherin’s gold locket.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9232/twt3hor4.jpg

One for the wizard representing the horcrux of Helga Hufflepuff’s cup.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1715/twt3hor5.jpg

One for the one representing the horcrux of Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2341/twt3hor6.jpg

One for the one representing the horcrux of Harry Potter.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/201/twt3hor7.jpg

And finally, one circle for the two wizards representing the two horcruxes that switched positions of the sixth horcrux at one time. Nagini the snake and Tom Riddle’s diary.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8761/twt3hor12.jpg

When drawing the magic circle, remember this: you may use only your own blood. The blood of all seven wizards combined. Follow this drawing and you should do okay. I will point out just a few details you have to get absolutely right. The symbol in the middle... no, I don’t mean the Dark Mark. The one around it. Yes, that one. That is the symbol for immortality. Draw it as well as you can. The more alterations to the original, the higher the stakes that the ritual won’t go right.

Do not forget the ancient runic transcription around the Dark Mark in the middle. It repeated the name of “Lord Voldemortâ€￾ and “Tom Marvolo Riddleâ€￾, essential for the ritual to focus on the soul of your Master. Also, remember to include the date of your Master’s death, both in classic and roman numerals, as you can see on the top and the bottom of the middle circle.

In terms of the circles for each horcrux... look closely at the symbols. With the Potter horcrux, we have, once again, another symbol for immortality. With the ring, we have the symbol for power. With the cup, it is the symbol of eternity... etc. Etc. You can figure that out.

The latin inscriptions are no less important than the rest of the circle. “Ante portam inferam, animae fideliumâ€￾ they say. In other words “in front of the hell gate, the souls of the loyal ones.â€￾

And almost at the outer circle, there is a Latin incantation. Not a pretty one, because it includes the final words that will make your souls to be sucked out of your body. I am not going to recite that one,â€￾ I shiver. Enough when I had to write it.

“Speaking about incantations... In order to activate the ritual, there is an incantation you need to repeat at the very beginning. Supposedly, you should then know exactly how to continue. It gives you the knowledge necessary for the performance of the rest of the ritual.â€￾

“Well then, recite it, little one, show us your dark side or join the rest of your miserable crew,â€￾ I hear that terrible mocking voice again. Hell hell hell. Well what can I do. In the end, those words cannot harm or help anyone wrong. I just hate to have to say them. Okay.

“Going there or going back
Healing broken soul, the crack,
That blackest time I have to go
Let the destroyed form back, grow.

I’m giving myself to you now
With deep honour, to you I bow
Forget the past, forget it all
To little hole of pain I crawl.â€￾

I shiver once again. Done. I said it all and if they want one more thing, I turn around and leave. I can’t take it.

“Okay. Not bad. One more question. What happens to the seven wizards after the ritual?â€￾

I give them an ugly smile. “They become soulless creatures. As if Dementor kissed them. Only they do this to themselves. They suck out their own soul voluntarily.â€￾

It is the Death Eaters now who shiver. Cool.
“So that would be all from me. Now, it is up to you.â€￾[/quote]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Here's the breakdown of points for the 3rd Task:
Finishing the Task: 15 points*
Speed of submitting: 10 points, 8 points, 6 points
Creativity: 15 points max**

*The task is really difficult --just finishing it should give some points.
**All the organizers will have to grade the creative submissions on the scale from 0 to 15, and then they will get the average score as points for that part.

The submissions were handed in
Jenny first, Helena second, Larrie third

The grading for creativity by the organizers:

Zoki Phantom:
I thiiink I've got my votes. Please don't kill me for the low numbers, as I said earlier, I'm not a great fan of ranking things highly.. xD

Jenny Lupin: 8
Helena Glaedr: 7
Larrie Larstonovб: 11

I really liked all of the entries, they were all great, but I think Larrie put into hers the most thought and her whole idea is simply amazing. I gave them all low ratings because I figured everyone will give them high ones, sooo someone had to make a balance. ;)

Selena E. Smithova
Jenny Lupin - 15
Helen Glaedr - 13
Larrie Larstonovб - 14

I know, Iґm not so evil :D

Chris Starling:
this is really really really really hard xD They all made some great works! Here are mine points:

Jenny: 13 pt
Helena: 13pt
Larrie: 14pt

Evelyn Lionn:
Oh my god! This it the HARDEST thing ever!
I was thinking about this A LOT! All champions were SUPER GOOD! I love their work!
So, I decided to gave them this points:

Larrie: 15 (For her creativeness! I love her work! She is sooo talented! And I love her picture and everything! Well done!)
Jenny: 14 (I love her website and it is soo original! I love 'Way to Celebrate' ! It is really good! She (actually, they) made very good work!)
Helena: 14 (I liked her picture.. In some way.. But i LOVED her music! She made it by her self! I think it is so good! And the fact is, she is only 12 )

I know, I didn't vote evil.. At all. But they all tried soo hard! I think they almost can not be better! All three expresed a little bit of themselves..

(I hope you won't be angry at me or something..)

Tarma Amelia Black:
I looked at three things. How well they were made, the effort that might have gone into the creation of the submission. Then creativity. Then just plain personal preference. Here are the totals:

Jenny - 15 * I saw hers first and I laughed and laughed. It is magnificent! The idea of a Moldy Voldy Appreciation Day is sort of 'yes' but what she (they) put in it is incredible. I find the squishy Voldy doll absolutely creepy ... and the Dress Your Pet as Nagini incredibly funny .. This submission showed abilities extending across website design, graphics and textile creations. The only thing that could possibly be detrimental is ... (sadly enough) ... the laughter. The whole idea of evil is that it is evil. At the same time, I really enjoy laughing. *G*

Helena - 15 * I like the picture drawn; it shows a certain charm (which he certainly doesn't have of his own self so it must be charming because of Nagini!) What shone for me, for this contribution, is the music. I greatly greatly admire someone who can write music, then play it. That shows a certain amount of courage to me, mostly because the only ones who ever hear me sing are my plants and dogs and horses. .... Courage is a necessary thing for a TriWizard Champion! Then, after it downloaded and I was listening to the actual music, I got goosebumps. 'Voldemort Theme song'.

Larrie - 15 * This one I read and looked at twice. Okay I looked at all of them at least twice and actually a bunch of times. But when I first saw Larrie's contribution, I LOOKED at it, read it, TWICE because I was just very impressed with the idea of a certain feeling of doom. Of determination, strength and a willingness to do what is necessary. This one seemed to me to be the most true to the Harry Potter story. It has within it the dedication of Molly Weasley defending her daughter. "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU [censored by McNish]!" And it has within it the compassion of Harry Potter, when he attempted to tell Voldemort what options were available, what the probable outcome would be if they dueled.

Neener to Zoki.

I'm really glad that all of our Champions performed so well in this final Task. They each survived it ... and each one completed it with style, each in their own way.

Prof. Ulol Kimil:
The site made me laugh, the drawing was impresive, and the music superb.
As the three entries are so differnet, it is almost imposible to give a fair rating between them.
So I must give all of them 15 points, because each one by its own is a piece of art.

From Chris (and organizers):
So here is the average of the points:
(A general rule of thumb is to round up if it is .5 or more, round down if less than .5.)

~ Jenny: 13 points (13.3 rounded down to 13 points)
~ Helena: 12.83 points (rounded up to 13 points)
~ Larrie: 14 points

So, the third task:

~ Jenny: 38 points
~ Helena: 36 points
~ Larrie: 35 points

And in total *drums*:
~ Jenny: 117 points
~ Helena: 107 points
~ Larrie: 100 points

I think I didn't make any mistakes with calculating, but you can check if you want to! sooo ... Bravo Jenny!!! And of course Helena and Larrie too!! DDD They were all really really great <3
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Here are the passwords (keywords, or anwers) for all the locations in the maze/Task 3. Please note that all individual puzzles had MANY answers in them, and therefore it would be too hard to post them all, but if you try hard enough you can find all of them online.

ZSCAOPRLINATXEO – Level 1 Direction 1 Password
MKBFHEJOSNIPURA – Level 1 Direction 2 Password
OEXTANILRPOACSZ – Level 1 Direction 3 Password
ARUPINSOJEHFBKM – Level 1 Direction 4 Password

FELTUBYONMESQGAR – Level 2 Direction 1 Password
ZALTEQSODIROVRMN – Level 2 Direction 2 Password
RAGQSEMNOIBUTLEF – Level 2 Direction 3 Password
NMRVORIDOSQETLAZ – Level 2 Direction 4 Password
TYLWARWISPERNOCA – Level 2 Direction 5 Password
LBUHARWETCYHSOGE – Level 2 Direction 6 Password
ACONREPSIWRAWLYT – Level 2 Direction 7 Password
EGOSHYCTEWRAHUBL – Level 2 Direction 8 Password

SPHINX – Level 3 Direction 1 Password
CENTAUR – Level 3 Direction 2 Password
WEREWOLF – Level 3 Direction 3 Password

KRIMSTINA - Level 4 Password (All Directions)
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

The reason why I didn't want to give out the answers for each puzzle individually is because some of them CHANGED along with the task, and I only have records of the ones before those changes. I didn't have the time to double-check the maze before I posted it, so I had to fix some things as the Champions were proceeding. Please note that those changes are NOT included in these answers (and that I have at least a mistake in two in these answers).

STARTING POINT ANSWERS

Harry Potter in Kamen modrosti Harry Potter ve Melez Prens Harry Potter et le Prisonnier d'Azkaban Harry Potter dhe kupa e zjarrit Harry Potter en de Orde van de Feniks Harry Potter dan Pangeran Berdarah-Campuran Harry Potter y las Reliquias de la Muerte Albus Silente Kultakaljuuna Ordinary Wizardings Levels Syriusz Czarny Flirgott Gazette des sorciers Flampulver Perselus Piton Halvblodsprinsen Tiara Przydzialu Serpeverde Koukkujalka Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests Diagonallmenningen Poufsouffle Den Magiska Trekampen Aranycikesz Ordinul Phoenix Camera Secretorum Feniks Relikui Kematian Hardodziob Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare Mangiamorte Rohkelikko
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

LEVEL 1 - DIRECTION 2 ANSWERS

1. Transylvania
2. Bombers
3. Gorodok
4. VULTURES
5. Bigonville
6. FLANDERS
7. Gargoyles
8. BRAGA
9. HARRIERS
10. GOBLINS
11. BROOMFLEET
12. QUAFFLEPUNCHERS
13. VRATSA
14. GRODZISK
15. QUIBERON
16. HEIDELBERG
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

LEVEL 1 - DIRECTION 4 ANSWERS

1. Caerphilly
2. Kenmare
3. Appleby
4. Wigtown
5. Montrose
6. Wasps
7. Kestrels
8. Wanderers
9. Catapults
10. Ballycastle
11. Magpies
12. Wimbourne
13. Holyhead
14. Arrows
15. Bats
16. Harpies
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

LEVEL 2 ANSWERS

Riddle 1 (Located in Level 2, Direction 2)
1. Human
2. Lion
3. SPHINX – Level 3 Direction 1 Password

Riddle 2 (Located in Level 2, Direction 5)
1. Horse
2. Human
3. CENTAUR – Level 3 Direction 2 Password

Riddle 3 (Located in Level 2, Direction 8]
1. Human
2. Wolf
3. WEREWOLF – Level 3 Direction 3 Password
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

So anyone doing this Task will still have a bit of a challenge to complete it?

Clever, clever Zoki.

*eg*

Return to “Triwizard Tournament”