Pickup Scheduling: 2023-4

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Pickup Scheduling: 2023-4

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

This year, the Quidditch Committee plans on having pickup games not tied to House teams to keep the spirit of Quidditch alive!

These pickups will include some or all of the games featured HERE but might also have some other twists thrown in. We expect to hold a pickup approximately once a month, but the timing will depend on player (and QC) availability to optimise participation!

If you are INTERESTED in taking part in pickups, please comment here with the following information:
-What days/times tend to work best for you (HOL time preferred - e.g. "Sundays 7 PM-3 AM HOL")?
-What days/times tend to work worst for you (as above)?
-Are there any SPECIFIC exceptions to the above you can think of offhand? (e.g. "I can make most Fridays, but NOT the Ides of March/March 15.")

Thanks so much! (This post will also contain the timing of the 2023-4 pickups as they are scheduled.)

Pickup schedule:
Sunday, November 26 at 9 PM HOL (canceled due to lack of turnout)
Saturday, January 6 at 5:30 PM HOL
Saturday, February 3 at 5:30 PM HOL
Saturday, March 9 at 5:30 PM HOL
Saturday, April 27 at 9 PM HOL
Lex Green
No broom

Re: Pickup Scheduling: 2023-4

Post by Lex Green »

Saturday evenings tend to work best for me, along with Saturdays and Sundays during the day (in HOL time).

Over college breaks, I can do any time on weekdays, but otherwise will be in college (or sleeping to be ready for college the next day haha).

I also have a fluctuating work schedule so there are always random evenings I can't do, but generally ^^ is what works for me.
A huge thank you to my secret elf for the sig!
Elena Galatas
Moontrimmer

Post by Elena Galatas »

-What days/times tend to work best for you (HOL time preferred - e.g. "Sundays 7 PM-3 AM HOL")?
Usually Fridays and Saturdays, 12:30 AM to 9 AM HOL. I'm also available Sunday through Thursday from about 12:30 AM to 5:30-6 AM HOL.

-What days/times tend to work worst for you (as above)?
Friday between 12:30 AM and 7 AM HOL
Saturday between 12:30 AM and 9AM HOL
Sunday between 12:30 AM to 5:30-6 AM HOL

-Are there any SPECIFIC exceptions to the above you can think of offhand? (e.g. "I can make most Fridays, but NOT the Ides of March/March 15.")
I can make most matches when I remember them EXCEPT this upcoming December 7-11. Which I doubt you'll have any scheduled that soon so I should be fine.
Elena Galatas // Seventh Year // Ravenclaw // Dr. Who Enthusiast // Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic
Comic Book Geek // Perpetually in love/obsession with Chris Evans and Colin O'Donoghue
]
Viviana Kingston
No broom

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Most times work for me, I’m free now all the way up until February, it’s just from 11pm to about 5am is like the worst times for me because I try to sleep and wake up in time for morning prayer during that time, but yeah other than those times, I’m fair game.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

We had great turnout last Saturday, but at the same time I know at least one or two people who were interested in playing were unable to make it! If you are interested in playing in the next two pickups, especially if you weren't able to make the last time out, please let me know your availability over the next two months in this subforum!

(If you already posted before, and do not post this time, I will assume your availability is unchanged.)
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Time to think about our next pickup! Although we did get some people last time who couldn't show up before, our turnout wasn't quite as high ten days ago as it had been in January.

We're thinking about having our next pickup sometime in March; if you're interested in playing, and especially if you couldn't make some or all of the previous sessions this year, please let me know your availability over the next two months in this subforum!

(If you already posted before, and do not post this time, I will assume your availability is unchanged. And note that much of the northern hemisphere, including HOL time, will shift an hour forward at some time during March...)
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Bumping this topic again because HOL time will soon change to move an hour forward!

We plan on having the next pickup sometime in April and are still very interested in your availbility, especially if you've had a particularly hard time making the Saturday 5:30 PM HOL pickup time!

Return to “Quidditch”