How Quidditch Will Work This Year

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

How Quidditch Will Work This Year

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

The QC wanted to let everyone know how Quidditch is going to work this year.
Unfortunately, there won’t be a house on house tournament this school year (2023/2024). We’ll be moving to a model of regular, informal pickups instead, without house teams.
We know this is really sad news, given the long tradition of house competition on HOL. However, the Head Office had to make the tough call as we just don’t have the manpower or the interest to make a house contest work at this time.
The good news though is that with pickups, you can turn up and play whenever there’s a game, without having to sign up for a team or fulfil any eligibility requirements. Providing you’re a HOL member (who isn't set to "quit" or "expelled") you’re welcome to fly onto the pitch.
We play a range of broom games at pickup matches, though they all revolve around answering Harry Potter trivia questions as quickly as you can in order to score points. We’ll be releasing a guide to the games we’ll be playing very soon, so watch this space!
We’ll create a topic where we’ll announce the date for each pickup match. We’ll try give you as much advanced notice as possible but you may want to subscribe to this forum, so you’re alerted every time one is scheduled. We’ll also create a front page announcement a few days before, as a handy reminder.
We’re looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible out on the pitch this year!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Quidditch”