Hysterical parts from HP

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Hysterical parts from HP

Post by Iverian Gnash »

While scrolling through Pottermore, I noticed this article:
The funniest Harry Potter moments

I had forgotten about some of these incidents and couldn't help cracking up as I read them :lol: My favorite is most definitely the last one when Harry shoots back to Professor Snape 'No need to call me "Sir" professor' XD

Personally, I found it rather amusing when Harry was in the Forbidden Forest and informed Professor Umbridge that he 'must not tell lies'. Shooting her own words back at her, huh?

What are some of your favorite laugh out loud moments from the Harry Potter series? Are there any missing from this list you think should have been included?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

Tags:
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Hysterical parts from HP

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Oh man. This article was pure gold (particularly the entire Quidditch Commentator section)

It did leave out my favourite funny moment though:
Ron: "Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum, Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since."
Harry: "Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock—"
Fred (coming into the kitchen): "I beg your pardon?"
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Elsa Green
No broom

Post by Elsa Green »

i totally forgot about the part where harry threatened dudley with fake spells and it is hilarious i love this article and i will definitely read it again from time to time :D
Anorak Thornhew
No broom

Post by Anorak Thornhew »

Oh my lord, I completely forgot about the incident when Dudley asks for the bacon, Harry replies "What's the magic word" and almost gets himself killed by uncle vernon
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Re-reading Half Blood Prince and I'd never appreciated before how sassy Bob Ogden is. For a Ministry official, he gets some real zingers in while at the Gaunt's cottage.

"Now I come to think about it, I've seen noses like yours down in the village."
"I don't doubt it, if your son's been let loose on them," said Ogden. "Perhaps we could continue this discussion inside?"

"And you think we're scum, do you?" screamed Gaunt, advancing on Ogden now, with a dirty yellow-nailed finger pointing at his chest. "Scum who'll come running when the Ministry tells 'em to? Do you know who you're talking to, you filthy little Mudblood, do you?"
"I was under the impression that I was speaking to Mr. Gaunt," said Ogden.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

My favorite quote comes from Severus Snape. Albus Dumbledore has told him he has to kill him, and we're used to thinking about that scene with lots of melodrama, but Snape's initial reaction is classic Snape:

"Would you like me to do it now?" asked Snape, his voice heavy with irony. "Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?"
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Lyra Hunter
No broom

Post by Lyra Hunter »

One of my absolute favorite scenes in Harry Potter is when Harry is on Felix Felicis in the Half Blood Prince. Especially every interaction he has with Slughorn! Too great lol
Bonnie Paterson
No broom

Post by Bonnie Paterson »

One of my favorite moments from Harry Potter is when, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry and Ron find out, at the last minute that to get to the ministry, they have to flush themselves down toilets. I just loved that part.
Calysto Srinivasan
No broom

Post by Calysto Srinivasan »

My favorite part was when Fred and George set off those fireworks on Umbridge and Filch. It's almost like the 5th book, as depressing as it was, also had some of the best scenes.
Zara Monoliste
No broom

Post by Zara Monoliste »

I loved thinking about this, though there is no proof that it happened in the books / movies...

In the 4th movie, Ron has to dance with McGonagall, who is telling the Gryffindors about the Yule Ball. If every head of house had to do that, then Flitwick for the Ravenclaws, Sprout for the Hufflepuffs, and Snape, SNAPE, for the Slytherins. Imagine Snape dancing.... :lol:
Kasho Kakichi
No broom

Post by Kasho Kakichi »

I find the funniest thing in HP not necessarily to be a single event/moment, but rather a spell (or two rather). I think that both the Bat-Bogey Hex and the Slug-Vomiting Charm are hilarious. Obviously, their effects in and of themselves are funny. It's kind of like a reverse cold, with slimy stuff pouring out of your nose and mouth. But on top of that, what in the world was the spell makers thinking when they conjured this spell? I think the really funny part of all this is that a conversation similar to this was wandering around in their brains: "Hmm... I need an idea to get back at my little sister, She is a loudmouth and a nosey eavesdropper to boot. I bet if I could get something to pour out of her mouth and nose, maybe she will just shut up for once." From that, it's just a hop skip, and jumps to pick creepy/nasty creatures to pour out of the bodies. From there, these comical, albeit devious spells were born, leaving generations of young wizards and witches just one more way to torment their peers, when no adults are around of course.

Return to “Pottermore”