Snooker and cue sports

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Marcus Darkwood
No broom

Snooker and cue sports

Post by Marcus Darkwood »

As the World Championships of Snooker is on at the moment, I thought this was a good time for this post.

Do you play snooker, or perhaps another cue sport like pool or carom billiards? Or do you enjoy following the matches on TV? Do you have a favourite player?

Unfortunately, I have no talent for sports on my own, but I've been fiercely into snooker as a fan for several years now. So much that the sport becomes one of the main joys in my life whenever a major tournament is on. While I might not watch every match, I at least try to keep up with news and results, and watch as much of the action as I can while still making time for my other activities.

I think what I love about snooker is that there is such a huge contrast between the "stylish and elegant" appearance of the sport, and the intensity of mental pressure and emotion that is also part of the game. As a fan, when I truly want my favourites to win, it can also be a very intense sport to watch. Every time they're about to take a shot, I fear that they'll miss or go out of position or leave the opponent a chance, while simultaneously hoping and wanting with my whole heart for things to go well. Not to mention if it's the opponent on the table, racking up points, all while I'm mentally panicking about their momentum and how it'll affect the rest of the match, or the end result.
Marcus Darkwood ~ Hufflepuff ~ Third Year

Tags:
Anne-Marie Gagne
No broom

Re: Snooker and cue sports

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

I've never played nor watched snooker but I love playing pool. Both 8-ball and 9-ball. I'm not that good at it honestly but I have fun and that's all that matters haha. I do enjoy watching the tournaments when I catch them on but I never actually go looking for them.

I also really enjoy the trickshot competitions people do as well. Those are really fun to watch haha.

Return to “Sports Talk”