Professional Sporting Teams, anyone?

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Professional Sporting Teams, anyone?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Hi. Does anyone follow any sports or sports teams? I know i'm probably in the minority, but i really don't care for hockey, football, or soccer. I use to follow a professional basketball team a little bit before they disbanded during the pandemic.

The sport that i follow the most and actually the only one now is baseball. I am a big Toronto Blue Jays fan. What about everyone else? Do you follow baseball as well or another sport? If so, what is your favorite team?
Anne-Marie Gagne

Re: Professional Sporting Teams, anyone?

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

I actively watch mostly the NFL (my main team is the New Orleans Saints and I also follow the Kansas City Chiefs, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Cincinnati Bengals closely) and I'm a baseball fan as well but haven't watched many games the last few years because my main team (the Cincinnati Reds) haven't been that great. Also a lot of dead time in baseball games the last few years have made it very boring to watch on TV.

Luckily with the rule changes for the 2023 season will make baseball games more interesting and I was already going to try and be more active in my following of it before I learned of the new rules that the MLB is implementing.

I'm not much of a fan of any other sport but I do sometimes watch soccer games but not very often. (Unless its the World Cup, then I'm watching as many of those as I can haha). Basketball and hockey don't catch my attention at all.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I am not usually a sports fan in general, however I have watched hockey off and on my whole life. My favourite hockey teams are:

Vancouver Canucks
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I myself am also not someone that roots for teams a lot but I like to watch sport now and again. Suppose my team would be the South African Cricket team, The Proteas. Although I can imagen I would get into ice hockey. It's a shame we don't have it here though.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I am an avid fan of NFL football, and my favorite team has always been the Dallas Cowboys! My husband teases me that my blood runs blue and silver, and I can't say that I disagree lol. I also like the New Orleans Saints, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Miami Dolphins (mostly because they are hubby's favorite team).

I also enjoy 'real' football as my British friends would say and am a proud Liverpool FC fan! I also cheer for any team playing Manchester United-just saying :)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The professional sports teams I follow the most are the ones based out of Baltimore: I've been an Orioles fan for as long as I can remember (so much disappointment - especially 1989 as well as the years of losing after 1997) and also support the Ravens - everyone seems to be optimistic that this is their season, but I'll need to see an actual playoff win to convince me they've turned a corner!
River Fenwick
No broom

Post by River Fenwick »

I've been very into hockey as of late. My favorite team by far is the Vancouver Canucks, though I also watch the Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, and New Jersey Devils. From my line up, you may be able to conclude that I gravitate toward teams that haven't won a Stanley Cup lately, if ever. With playoffs around the corner, I can only hope this will be the year for one of the three that clinched a spot, though I do prefer it to be the Canucks.
Marcus Darkwood
No broom

Post by Marcus Darkwood »

I used to be absolutely crazy about sports as a whole. Football, team handball, and even ice hockey, though the latter was a phase many years ago. Hockey isn't really a big thing where I live, but to me it was A Sport, and therefore interesting.

Apart from following my home town teams, I was also into Italian and then South American football. My childhood foreign club was Atalanta, and then I got really into following Uruguayan league football for some years (CA Peñarol was my team there).

Nowadays, I don't really follow any team sports anymore, though. There are some teams and players that I like (especially from football/the soccer kind), but I don't follow anything closely, as in watching matches every time they play and such.
Marcus Darkwood ~ Hufflepuff ~ Third Year

Return to “Sports Talk”