The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

As it says here --
Post in the introduction class forum, introducing yourself with your HOL name, any HOL nicks, what house you are in, and what year you joined. Post to say whether you have seen The Hobbit movie(s), read the book, or both.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Chasen Carter
No broom

Re: The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself

Post by Chasen Carter »

Hi Prof. and fellow classmates. My name is Chasen Carter. I can go by either Chase or by my last name, Carter. I am a second year, sorted in Gryffindor House last year. I joined this class primarily to learn more about what I have been missing when it comes to The Hobbit books and movies. Yes, I have not read any of The Hobbit books. I did see at least one of the movies which was good and saw bits and pieces of the Lord of the Rings but It's always been Harry Potter all the way for me. I'm looking forward to learning more about the world of The Hobbit and by the end of the term, maybe I will start reading The Hobbit.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Hello, my fellow classmates and Prof. Tarma! My name is Silvana Mandeville, but please feel free to call me Ana if you'd like. It makes me feel closer to others. Hehe. Anyway, I am a Fifth Year Prefect from Ravenclaw. I joined HOL in early 2020 by accident when I was looking for Harry Potter’s community. I found this school, which is so wonderful. As for joining this class, I did it because I love the book. I have read it and, of course, have watched the movie as well. It’s one of my favorites, especially since it’s fantasy, my favorite genre.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

(Per discussion with Olivia, I am posting this for Olivia Thorneblood.)

(Unable to post in forum at this time)

Hello Everyone! That includes our Professor and my fellow students!

My name is Olivia Thorneblood and I was sorted into Ravenclaw House upon my entrance to Hogwarts in the year of 2007. Yes, that was quite a few years ago and now I am a post graduate. Surprisingly, I do not have a nickname at least one that I am not using.

Believe it or not, I have actually seen ALL of the movies – The Hobbit, The Desolation of Smaug and The Five Armies. Of course, I have also seen the next chapters movies – The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King.

I have managed to get through reading one of these books which was The Fellowship of the Ring and a portion of The Hobbit. I found them hard to read and felt often the story was somewhere else but I was not sure where. So much elf singing. I can’t really imagine that I will read them any time in the immediate future.

I do look forward to learning or reviewing the lesson material.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”