Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

The initial enthusiasm for the completion of the Lord of the Rings saga (up to now, anyway), is over and I've noticed a resurgence of admiration for the complete series, movies and books, both Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. A little distance (and many other movies being created, watched and enjoyed or not enjoyed at all) have led to a looking again at this classic collections of tales of Middle Earth.

Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson. You don't need to have read the books and/or seen the movies to take this class. While having done so might be of use to you if I am asking you for opinions on certain changes made from book to movie, you will definitely be able to read the lessons and know what I'm talking about in the assignments!

Syllabus and Class Information.

This class offers three awards --

Image....... Lonely Mountain
- for people who earn the full 300 points possible

Image ...... Thorin's Award
- to the person(s) from each House who earned the most points

Image...... The Hobbit Award
-- given to those people who are entertaining in their write-ups, answers and essays

I look forward to you being in my class!

Note the first: If for accessibility reasons you can't complete an assignment, please just let me know and an alternative can be worked out.
Note the second: If you do send in a late homework, without having asked for an extension, and it is accepted, there will be a points deduction for it being late.

:)

Tarma
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”