WELCOME!!!

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

WELCOME!!!

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

Welcome Disney Fanatics!!

Disney Studies: The Classics is a one term class in which we will explore and study 20 different titles of Disney films that have used “traditional” animation (which means only hand-drawn features and not “fully computer animated films”, will appear in this class)

If you are a Disney fan you will enjoy this class quite a lot!

This will be our class forum, where some discussions and/or extra credit will be held. Please treat your classmates, teacher, and class assistant nicely and respectfully. That way we won't have any problems and we will enjoy our time here much more!

Some important information you have to remember:

Our course follows the next schedule:

* Lesson 1: Heroic Heroes (movies to study are: Peter Pan, Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan and Tarzan)
* Lesson 2: Pretty Princesses (movies to study are: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast)
* Lesson 3: Vile Villains (movies to study are: Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalmatians, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Emperor's New Groove, and The Princess and the Frog)
* Lesson 4: Furry Friends (movies to study are: Bambi, The Aristocats, Oliver and Company, The Lion King, and Lilo & Stitch)

This class gives you the opportunity to earn up to 300 points the following way:

* 4 Assignments (30 points each) = 120 points
* 4 Extra Credits (30 points each) = 120 points
* Final Exam = 30 points
* Class Project = 30 points

Total = 300 points

However, to pass this class and earn a Quill you only need to earn 180 points, and some portion of those points should come from the Final Exam, which means that the exam is a MUST. Extra Credit and Bonus Assignment are not mandatory.

Send your HW and EC in the same e-mail, just label correctly inlcuding the following it: Number of Homework - HOL Name - House. Example: HW 1 - Prof. Gustavo Flores - Ravenclaw.

All homework is due by January 15th , 2024

Class e-mail: hol.disneystudies@gmail.com

Disney Studies also gives you the opportunity to earn up to 4 special awards!!! However it is your job to find out how to earn them! I c.an only tell you that if you work hard and remain active in the class, by the end of term you will surely find more than one added to your Treasures! ;)

Finally, if you have any question, petition, suggestion or anything else, I ask you to post it in our class forum or send it to me through a HOL message. Please do not send it to the class e-mail because chances are I won't see it on time. I only check the class e-mail in a weekly basis so if it is something urgent it will probably be too late by the time I see it.

I believe this is all for now! Thanks for your attention and for choosing this class! :)

Wishing you a terrific term!! I'm sure we'll have a great time!!

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: WELCOME!!!

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

Dear students,

The information above remains true for the Spring Term 2018!

Welcome to the class!!! :D

Return to “Disney Studies”