Tell us about your pets

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Cio Rose
No broom

Re: Tell us about your pets

Post by Cio Rose »

I Have 3 Cats hehe.
One of them is called mochi and she's really soft and fluffy. She has long hair and she's a calico colored cat.
I have 2 short haired kittens (yes mochi's children) called pupuy and moon. Pupuy has white and grey fur while moon has black and grey fur (with white and black whiskers!)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I adore reading about (and seeing pictures!) of peoples' pets. It's not only a fantastic icebreaker (because who doesn't love talking about their pets?) but just hearing people talk about a pet they love is such a heartwarming experience. I had a few childhood pets, but I hadn't had a pet of my own until September of this past year. I now have a wonderful cat who my partner and I have lovingly named Bimpsty. He's about 2 and a half years old and a very big-boned kitty. His purrs are perhaps the loudest purrs I've ever heard from a cat and he really enjoys pets. He can arch his back to an almost 90 degree angle, which probably shouldn't impress me as much as it does considering he's a cat but it does nonetheless. We got him a cat tower for Christmas and I always find him on the top level hanging out when I get home from work ^_^
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I'm surprised that I've never written about my Teddy here before! I know a lot of you (if you're on IRC) are familiar with him. He's an English Bulldog, probably about 6 years old, and he's orange and white. My boyfriend and I adopted him about a year after we moved in together, so we've had him 2-ish years now. He's very, very stubborn, but he's also super adorable. He also gets overly anxious often, and can become a jerk when he's feeling anxious and can't control himself. His favorite pastimes include chewing on his squeaker ball, begging for food, and napping. He also LOVES the idea of going for car rides, but if he's not in his cage in the car, he eats my seats.

When I was growing up, I always had (multiple) dogs. I've also had guinea pigs, hamsters, bearded dragons, snakes, and fish. I've never had a bird, and I'm unfortunately allergic to cats. My dog at my parents' house, Jasmine, is very much cat-like, so she's the closest thing I'll ever have to a cat.
Lysandra Snow
No broom

Post by Lysandra Snow »

I have a kitten! Blizzard is a boy, and his birthday is on November 17th- so he's around 4 months old.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I have two adorable cats that I consider my children!

They're both black, one is short haired and the other is a long haired floofy baby.

The short haired one is a boy named Loki, and the floofy one is a girl named Lucy.

They are both rescues, so I did not choose their names, however they have both acquired the nicknames "Boki and Booshi", respectively. :lol:
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I love animals and use to own quite a lot, but had to relocate them to my friends and family since I moved to the city. Most of the animals I deem my own or part of my family now live on a family farm. Lets see, there are at the moment five dogs although there use to be four more, they either got sick or needed new homes. There are at the moment five cats although there use to be eight. Again, sick or relocation.

There are three donkeys, multiple buck or deer, a turtle, four chickens and a roost, three goose, two duck, two Ostridge's, a bush monkey, a bearded dragon, a two hamsters, a lizard, a hedgehog and multiple birds (domestic and wild - I mention them as they like to talk to me in the mornings when I would feed them some treats).

I also frequently assist my friend in finding homes for animals that need relocation. They tend to spend a few days with me in the city until they can be relocated to a proper home. I will not be giving names of the animals as they will most definitely be personal details that can be identified so I will just mention they are all wonderful and feisty. They all have their own personalities and I love animals.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I have an owl named Hedwig Two or Queenie, a pygmy puff named Lavandula, a niffler named Aurumminer, and three kneazles among which one is a purebred Somali kneazle named Kneazlione, another is a purebred Persian kneazle named Merlin's Beard, and the third one is a hybrid kneazle named Lavender. All my pets are big foodies and very loyal to me.
Hedwig Two or Queenie is very, very smart and also very intuitive with letters in the owl post. She can find anyone very easily and understands English.
Kneazlione is proud and strong and an excellent fighter, Merlin's Beard is wise and loves to discipline my other pets, Lavender is more feminine and withdrawn but loyal and a good protector, Aurumminer helps me find my gold when I lose it, and Lavandula is my favorite cuddly who helps me de-stress.
All my pets can hunt for their own food, but enjoy any treats that I bring them from my own meals in the Great Hall. Despite their loyalty towards me and fiercely protective nature, none of my pets would ever harm anyone else's pets without cause or reason.
They are all very reasonable and wise.
I love them all equally.
I do not like to have snakes or toads as pets because I am scared of them, but I would love to keep some fish as pets.
Hedwig Two or Queenie was my first pet and hence is my longest companion.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

I currently have two pets - Thunder and Lexi.

Thunder is my ferret, the one that you can see everywhere on my signatures for example. She is currently 4 years old. She is absolutely wonderful and she is my best friend. Two years ago she was diagnosed with a rare type of sarcoma - a rare cancer that grows in the smooth muscles. Since then we are always worried about her a check her whole body for any potential new lumps daily. She has been fine since, however, we are still anxious about her and her well being.

Lexi is our new pet kitty. Lexi is almost a year old tabby. She has rather big ears and eyes. She loves to play with balls. She used to have one favourite purple ball. We bought her similar but she never liked them. She had recently lost that ball and is often crying for us to find it, which we obviously tried but can't help. Lexi is a very chatty and social cat, more than any other I have met. She loves people a lot!
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche

Return to “Discussions”