Hot Foods Cold, or Cold Foods Hot?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Hot Foods Cold, or Cold Foods Hot?

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

As I sit here eating and loving my leftover pizza cold, I have to wonder - am I weird? Does anyone else love cold pizza? Are there other foods that you love to eat at temperatures they're not supposed to be served at? Maybe you like cold chicken noodle soup or warm peanut butter and jelly? Give us your ideas below!
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Re: Hot Foods Cold, or Cold Foods Hot?

Post by Mia Fountain »

I don't think its that I like to eat foods at temperatures they aren't supposed to be served at, I think it is more convenient. I do like to eat cold pizza, but I think its because it doesn't taste the same to me when it is reheated. I will also eat my lunches cold at work, if am hungry and I don't want to wait in the line for the microwave.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I don't think that I like them at different temperatures. I think that I like doing weird things with food. Like, last night, I had rice and I put it in my ketchup. And I also put the rice on my hamburger. I like putting blueberries in my yogurt.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I began drinking cold coffee before it was cool :D I really don't Ike super hot foods or liquid, and starting looking for ways to cool down coffee so I could drink. My Mocha Lattes are delish!

If a food is really hot, I'm looking for something to add, like a cold condiment. I add the one I think will work best.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I'm definitely more of a 'hot foods cold' type of person, though I will say that what I really am is a lazy heater of foods, lol. As much as there are some things I genuinely do love cold (leftover turkey from the fridge over Thanksgiving is always such a 'yes-please!' for me), often times the reason I eat things at room temperature or less is because I just don't care enough to take the time to warm it up. I've been stared at with crazy-eyes by many an onlooker who's seen me open up a can of soup and start enjoying. 'Far as I'm concerned, it's already been cooked, but try to tell that to some people and they're like, No, Sin. No. ;) I find most things just about as delicious either way, though there are of course many exceptions ... Like mashed potatoes! Not my favorite cold, haha.
Last edited by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Not too long ago I came in possession of a flourless chocolate cake, taken out from a restaurant. The instructions were to heat, slice, and serve. But I ended up eating the first few slices cold from the fridge and they were still delicious - tasting more fudgy than cake-like! Eventually I did get around to heating a slice as per the instructions, and that tasted more like a proper cake dessert (and also delicious)... but I definitely enjoyed the cold slices too!
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Put me in the "hot foods cold" camp. Sometimes it is out of convenience, as someone said, but mostly I do prefer them that way if I have leftovers.

Pizza was mentioned many times, but I also like cold, day old fries, especially if I made them. I have a penchant for cold rice noodles as well. Most meats, like pork, that should be served at least warm, I prefer cold. Beef from a broth is best in a salad!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Though I will eat cold pizza, I am one who likes things as they 'should' be. If the dish is meant to be cold, I want it cold. But if it's meant to be hot, I want it molten. That said, I do enjoy cold fried chicken and I have been known to roast chicken with grapes (yummy really). I also don't mind if a dish has a contrast of temperatures, like a warm tomato bisque with cool, sweet fennel sorbet. I have made coffee ice cream, too, so there is that :P
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

I don't like cold pizza, but sometimes I'll have 2 slices of bread heated in the microwave. I put the heated bread side by side on a plate then add either butter or peanut butter. I eat it like that without putting them together. I also once in a while like peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Return to “Discussions”