Favorite Joke?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Favorite Joke?

Post by February Fortescue »

What is your favorite joke? Remember- HOL appropriate!

John was relaxing in his chair when he hears a knock at the door. He is surprised to see a young lady standing there.

"Hello! I'm trying to earn some cash. Do you have any work I can do?" she asks.

John thinks for a moment, and then remembers he needs his huge wrap around porch painted. He's even bought the green paint. He asks the lady if she'll paint his porch. She agrees, and he gives her the paint and supplies she needs.

John returns to his living room chair, very pleased. He had really been dreading that job! He turns on the television.

An hour later, he hears another knock on the door. He's surprised to see the lady is back.

"Are you finished with the porch already?" he asks.

"I sure am!" she replies. "Oh, and it's a Lexus, not a porch (Porche)!"
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yew Alethia
No broom

Re: Favorite Joke?

Post by Yew Alethia »

I unfortunately do not have a favorite joke given there are so many great ones out there, but I'm really curious, what accent is it that pronounces porch and Porche the same? Of course, it's still a great joke if I misinterpreted and there isnt a dialect that does that. Where I live porch has the same sound as the name Charlie, a /tʃ/, and porche has the same sound as the word share, just /ʃ/.
Kelly Hickory
No broom

Re: Favorite Joke?

Post by Kelly Hickory »

Here is one of my favorite jokes:

A group of people get on a plane, and as soon as everyone is seated the captain announces that this will be the plane's first flight, and it was built by a bunch of freshmen engineering students. Immediately almost everyone on the plane quickly ran off the plane. However, the captain noticed there was one man sitting calmly in his seat. So he walked up to the man and asked. " Excuse me sir, but may i ask, why are you so calm? How come you didn't run off the plane?" Then man replied with a smile and said

" because the students who built this plane are my students, and I inspected the plane earlier. I can tell you now, this plane isn't gonna fly "

Return to “Discussions”