What's Your Go-To When You Need Some Comfort?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

What's Your Go-To When You Need Some Comfort?

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I was having a bit of a low moment earlier and decided that hot chocolate would make an excellent remedy. I also love a hot bath, a few pages of a favourite book or an episode of a familiar TV show when I need a bit of a boost too.

It got me wondering: what do you opt for when you need a bit of comfort? Whether it's food, a show or something you do, it'd be great to hear about it. :D
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Re: What's Your Go-To When You Need Some Comfort?

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

Whenever I need a boost I usually turn to watching comedy. I will watch an episode if I can but if I don't have the time then I watch short clips of some of my favourite comedy episodes/ comedians and sketches. Some of them I have watched a lot and I know exactly what is going to happen in them but that familiarity seems to bring comfort in itself.
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

Emerald Wolvenhowl wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:21 pm Whenever I need a boost I usually turn to watching comedy. I will watch an episode if I can but if I don't have the time then I watch short clips of some of my favourite comedy episodes/ comedians and sketches. Some of them I have watched a lot and I know exactly what is going to happen in them but that familiarity seems to bring comfort in itself.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I like to watch a show or movie with my mom after she puts my little sisters to bed. It's always nice to have her and me alone when I've been feeling down. My mom is one of my best friends because we're a little closer in age, and talking to her always makes me feel better. We usually curl up on the sofa with a blanket, and I might drink chamomile tea.

Other times, I might listen to music and dance in my room. Dance has always been comforting for me even though it's not something I'm the best at despite training since I was three. There's something freeing about being able to move with my body and listen to what it wants to do. I'll put on some music that matches my mood and then have fun.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

My go-tos when I need some comfort include taking a hot bath and drinking a tea. I will also either read or play a video game depending on my mood.
Aubrey Smith
No broom

Post by Aubrey Smith »

When I need some comfort, I put on some comfy clothes, have a nice snack, and watch some tv! I know it's kind of basic, but it calms me down!
Anneliese Villarreal
No broom

Post by Anneliese Villarreal »

Most days are sunshine’s and cozy days that I enjoy. There are some days that I’m feeling sad and need some comfort. As for me I say my go-to is listening to music, reading a book, or watching my favorite movies/series. After doing one or all of these things I feel much better.
Aleksandra Alessa
No broom

Post by Aleksandra Alessa »

I always like to sit in my beanbag and either read or watch something, to be precise either comedy, something familiar or a drama series. It's very calming for me.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I usually listen to musics, read stories, or just reminiscing by scrolling down some chats or my telegram channel :D
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

My spirits are usually rather high during this time of the year, I love the end of summer, but sometimes things do happen. Then I tend to send an SOS to the group chat and vent to my friends for half an hour haha. It's usually the case that I need to get it all out of my system first, and my friends are really nice, they know how to comfort me. I try to be gentle myself for a few hours after that, definitely pour some tea, put on Leverage or maybe Jeeves & Wooster and just chill. It's nice to see most of us turn to same kind of comfort ^_^
Usagi Kohaku
No broom

Post by Usagi Kohaku »

Whenever I need some comfort, I like to take a hot bath, wear comfortable clothes and read something relaxing or watch something light, like old nickelodeon cartoons, oh! and some coffee and incense can't be missed. ^_^
If I'm feeling really low, ice cream is highly required! :P
Beautch Chance
No broom

Post by Beautch Chance »

When I need some comfort or a general mood shift, I will usually turn to music. Singing softly, loudly or completely off key will help shift my mood for the better. Reading a book will also help me escape my troubles for a few hours if I have the time available.
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

Definitely, definitely ice cream and a cute show, or if not a show then soft music in the background! For some reason it gives me a lot of comfort, just sitting in silence while eating some good, cold ice cream and giggling from time to time at some scenes in the show I'm watching ^_^
Dylan Daxx
No broom

Post by Dylan Daxx »

When in need of comfort I snuggle my cat. Getting cozy with hoodie, pile of blankets and maybe weighted blanket with a cute film like How to train your dragon or a comedy movie is a help. Some ice cream always helps even in winter :D
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Hot chocolate (with or without coffee) is absolutely amazing! But then again, hot water (showers or hot tubs) or hot steam (portable sauna which I got as a gift nearly two years back) work great too... there's a weighted blanket or two I have it's no Nagini, but close enough for hugs, and... right now I'm actually sipping on a sticky toffee pudding latte!

Return to “Discussions”