What did you get for Christmas?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

What did you get for Christmas?

Post by Evie Figg »

Christmas isn't a huge deal in my world, and gift giving isn't as extravagant as it was when I was a child. As an adult, I think we appreciate pretty much any gift we get lol!

This year was no exception, however I did get two things from my mom that I appreciated. She got me a replica of Harry Potter's wand! I was so excited when I opened it. She also got me a Slytherin t-shirt, as it was the only one she could find, so, I suppose now I am an honorary Slytherin? LOL!

No matter how big or large or expensive a gift is, the thought is truly was matters, and my mom knew I loved the wizarding world so she got me a gift in relation to it. I loved them both! As an adult receiving these gifts, it was nice to kind of feel like a kid again...

What about you? What did you get for Christmas?
Anne-Marie Gagne

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

I got a lot of board games from my parents. Eight games and then three expansions for one of them. My oldest brother got me a microphone so I can not sound like trash when we get on a Discord call haha. Another brother 3D printed a controller for putting a Joy-Con in it and also sent me a $55 gift card on Steam so I could buy a collection of a game series I love on there (that was 7 games plus DLC, I have $0.20 left over lol). And my youngest brother got me a metal sign for Stardew Valley to hang in my room.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

We don't celebrate Christmas like the people around us so we haven't exchanged gifts during this time in forever. We do like to bake and make meals for each other during this time. My brother also decided to gift me Assassins creed Mirage, since he like to watch me play, which is awesome. Other than that, I think meals or baked goods for each other to share is a pretty good gift or love showing tradition.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

For Christmas,I got a lot of clothes (especially pyjamas and Harry Potter related clothes). I got one sweater that has the Marauders Map on it and on the front it says 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' and on the back it says 'mischief managed'. I camp a lot in the summer and one of my favorite activities is having campfires and making S'mores. So my aunt gave me a s'more maker, so I can roast marshmellows and make s'mores anytime of the year. I also got a Harry Potter cup and a new computer chair.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I got nothing in the Muggle world being from a non-Christian country and being a non-Christian myself. But I got a cool signature and avatar at Hogwarts, some cool luck charms and fragrance charms, well wishes, opportunities to participate in many lovely activities, and got a chance to be part of a many interesting and engaging discussions. Overall, I enjoyed Christmas, 2023, very much.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

I got a new watch and a pair of Club Master sunglasses (I really wanted a pair of those) from my wife. My mother gave me a really nice bottle of perfume. My father took me out to get measured for a new suit a month back in November, and that's what he gave me for Christmas.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror

Return to “Discussions”