From Books 1: Artistic Adaptations

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

From Books 1: Artistic Adaptations

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Welcome to our first discussion about all the weird and wonderful things that have been inspired by books! We’re starting off with artistic Adaptations. This is a catch-all term for fanfiction, films, art and music inspired by books in general or specific books/series in particular.

We’d love to hear about anything you have to say on the topic. Whether you’re expressing some strong opinions about a fanfic trope or reviewing a fan-film that got you right in the feels, please share. It’s fine to mention mainstream movie/TV adaptations or authorised sequels too but we’re particularly interested in fan-made content that might be new to most people.

You can contribute with words or by sharing pictures; if you do the latter, please make sure the picture is no more than 600x600 pixels, that you credit the source and also that you provide a bit of explanation as to what the picture shows and why you’re contributing it. Please don’t link to external websites such as Youtube or a fanfiction hosting website – mentioning the title and creator will do just fine.

You can earn 15 beans per post for your first 4 posts (providing any written contributions are at least 80 words long and you’ve properly explained/justified any graphics you share). Any specific examples you mention absolutely must be HOL appropriate (so suitable for anyone of any age to enjoy).

Have fun!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Club”