Welcome to the Halloween Party!

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Welcome to the Halloween Party!

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Welcome all you ghouls, ghosts and guests to the book Club’s very own Halloween party!

We’re so glad you could join us for a celebration of spine-tingling literature, ghost stories, unexplained phenomena and miscellaneous things that go bump in the night!

We have 5 main things for you:
Our haunting read-along
pumpkin carving
and 3 terrifying puzzles:
A jigsaw
A word search
A fallen letters puzzle

Each of these will earn you 20 beans for your candy bucket (though you only have to contribute to 2 of the Read-Along posts to earn 20 for that), so there’s 100 up for grabs in total!

Everything is due by 31st October, 11:59 PM HOL-time!

In addition, we’d also like to invite you to post reviews for your favourite creepy or bone-chilling reads over on The bookshelf. As a warm up, why not share which literary characters scared you most as a child in a reply to this topic?

Now, will you come and dance the Macabray?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Welcome to the Halloween Party!

You have just over 2 days left to take part in the Halloween Party - everything is due at 11:59 PM HOL-time on 31 October. We've loved seeing all your responses so far!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Welcome to the Halloween Party!

Thank you all so much for joining us for fun this spooky season. While we're packing away the haunting decorations for another year, there are a few last treats to hand out in the form of beans.

Here's a list of the beans everyone earned and for what. If there are any problems, let me know! I'll award them tomorrow to give you a chance to let me know if I've overlooked something.

Aurelia West: 20 (jigsaw)
Crystal Snow: 60 (jigsaw, wordsearch, pumpkin)
Emily Spencer: 80 (pumpkin, wordsearch, jigsaw, read along)
Harry Walles: 100 (everything)
Kendra Givens: 20 (read along)
Louis Walles: 100 (everything)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black: 60 (pumpkin, read along, fallen letters)
Raevia Ward: 20 (jigsaw)
Willow Carter: 60 (pumpkin, jigsaw, wordsearch)

Well done, all!
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Club”