'Tis the Season Questions

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

'Tis the Season Questions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle:
The year began with lunch
If you have any questions about 'Tis the Season, please ask here or send me a HOL PM.

:)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Re: 'Tis the Season Questions

Post by Harry Walles »

I have a question about the books. Can it be any books or do they need to be about certain themes, e.g. Christmas or food/spices?
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Harry Walles wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm I have a question about the books. Can it be any books or do they need to be about certain themes, e.g. Christmas or food/spices?
Hi Harry.
The books just need to involve food and/or herbs and spices in some notable way, rather than being 'about' them. Ideally it should play an important part at some point (either to the plot or the characters) but that could take a number of forms. A book with a crucial plot point/scene happening over a meal or meals would count, whereas a book that has a passing remark about a character eating a sandwich that didn't have any impact on the plot wouldn't. So, the Harry Potter books would qualify because of how important the feasts are, the Lord of the Rings would count because food is important to Hobbits, etc. Providing you can point to a significant element of the book that involves food or herbs/spices, it would count.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

:lol:

What Sky said!

Thanks for asking, Harry.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Club”