Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 13-18

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 13-18

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Here we’ll be discussing chapters 13 - 18 of Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine!

Feel free to offer any thoughts that you like or to use some of our suggested questions below. There’s a range of discussion type questions and also a few more creative/imaginative prompts, so feel free to do whichever take your fancy.

If you include specifics about the plot, please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling it for someone who might have clicked on this post by mistake. You can do this by typing

Code: Select all

[spoiler] around your text[/spoiler]
Discussion
What do you think, now, about the book of fairy tales? I love that Ella can read letters which are written by people to other people, and thus find out what they are doing. What other abilities do you think might show up as part of the book?
~ or ~
Do you think that Ella is beginning to enjoy her expedition? Do you think that she might be starting to feel appreciated by some of the people around her?

Creative
"Her letter was followed by a sad tale about the genie in Aladdin’s lamp." What do you think this lamp looked like? Of what metal is it made? How large, or small, is it?
~ or ~
"After we put the kitchen to rights, we began to replace the torlin kerru with innocent mushrooms." How would mushrooms of a magical nature look different from ordinary ones? Would they be of a different color or would they smell different? Draw or describe a regular mushroom and then a mushroom of magical nature.

Remember to keep all graphics to 600x600. Thank you.

You can write as much or as little as you want (this is meant to be a bit of easy fun) but please do try to write at least a few lines for each topic to avoid spam. You’ll earn 15 beans for responding to this thread.

The deadline for earning beans is 11:59 PM HOL-time on 31st August 2022.

Post written by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Re: Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 13-18

Post by Harry Walles »

Creative

In my opinion the lamp had a pink handle made out of copper and had a single bulb at the top of it. The handle has a drawings of flowers as well as stars. If looked closely, a Virgo constellation could have been spotted among them.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 13-18

Post by Louis Walles »

Creative

The lamp is in a form of a triangle ⛛ giving it a mysterious look to it. The lamp is made out of zinc and there are some tiny scratch marks all over it. The lamp has a dim light coming out of it but there seems to be no way to open it from outside.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche

Return to “Book Club”