Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 19-24

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 19-24

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Here we’ll be discussing chapters 19 through 24 of Mister Monday by Garth Nix!

Feel free to offer any thoughts that you like or to use some of our suggested questions below. There are also some optional creative prompts that you can choose to complete for more beans.

If you include specifics about the plot, please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling it for someone who might have clicked on this post by mistake. You can do this by typing

Code: Select all

[spoiler] around your text[/spoiler]
Discussion
Do you think the landings on the Improbable Stair occur at random? Why or why not?
Which would you personally find more intimidating, facing Noon and his lackies, crossing the wire or dealing with the moat of snakes?
What kind of requests or complaints do you think all of those denizens are waiting to see Mister Monday about?

You can write as much or as little as you want (this is meant to be a bit of easy fun) but please do try to write at least a few lines to avoid spam. If someone has said something you find interesting, you should definitely respond to them.

You’ll earn 10 beans for contributing to the discussion.

Creative
Writing (15 beans)
Come up with another historical period or strange world that could be accessed via the Improbable Stair – don’t forget to include how you’d access the stair again from there. Describe it in at least 50 words for full credit, please.
Art (15 beans)
Create a graphic of one of the bibliophages (the snakes). Please upload your graphic to an image hosting website and make sure it’s no more than 600 by 600 pixels.

The deadline for earning beans is 11:59 PM HOL-time on the 31st of October.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Re: Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 19-24

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

Discussion

Do you think the landings on the Improbable Stair occur at random? Why or why not?

I don't think they occur at random, no. They seemed to be appearing in chronological order to the periods of time they took place in.

Which would you personally find more intimidating, facing Noon and his lackies, crossing the wire or dealing with the moat of snakes?
I would personally find the snakes the most intimidating. They slither all over you and restrict you movements. If you fall you'd drown in a sea of snakes...who would be comfortable with that?

What kind of requests or complaints do you think all of those denizens are waiting to see Mister Monday about?
Perhaps requests for a higher rank. Or complaints about the living and working circumstances.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 19-24

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

That's an odd question, or maybe I have an odd answer. I might think that the landings on the Improbable Star occur at random, on random occasions. But other times, they might occur because they are aware of who is on them, and want to throw a curve ball at that person.

Crossing the wire and dealing with a moat of snakes. :o For some reason, I like the idea of having my feet on solid footing!

I don't really know .... Some of them might be wanting to have a change of working environment. Others might be wanting to have a go at having a 'cold'. I think a lot of them are just waiting to be waiting, to be having something to do, and waiting is something to do, and that whatever they came there for originally has changed and/or evolved.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Club”