Moderator: Book Club Heads

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Book Review: Harriet, the Moses of her people

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Title: Harriet, the Moses of her people
Author: Sarah H. Bradford
Genres: Biography
Summary of story: Harriet Tubman is called “The Moses of Her People” because like Moses she helped people escape from slavery. Harriet is well known as a “conductor” on the Underground Railroad. Using a network of abolitionists and free people of color, she guided hundreds of slaves to freedom in the North and Canada.

Good and Bad Points: The first time I knew about Harriet Tubman was from the movie. It wasn't the kind of movie that I usually watch but I spent my evening didn't even moving from the television just to finish watching it, lol. This book is a great story and I love it. Some things that we can learn from Harriet's story are, depend on God on everything we do. You can't do anything alone and you need God to guide you on your life journey. Harriet also teaches us to never give up on anything. The story itself has written what Harriet has done, she helped her people to escaped from the slavery. Harriet also has a kind heart, she doesn't just think about herself but also her people. When she was free, she came back and led her people to their freedom. She was a great woman, a high spirited and brave woman. And Moses that suited her well.

Return to “The Bookshelf”