Comet 180

Book Review-Peter Pan

Post by Emily Spencer »

Title: Peter Pan
Author: James M. Barrie
Genre: Classics/Fantasy
Series: No

Brief Summary:
Peter Pan is the Boy who Never Grew Up. Residing in Neverland, as undisputed leader of the Lost Boys, Peter's life is filled with adventure. Chasing Indians (Native Americans), swimming with mermaids, and harassing pirates are everyday pursuits in Peter's world of never-ending childhood.

Searching for his lost shadow, Peter finds himself in the home of the Darling children (Wendy, Michael, and John) and he whisks them away to Neverland to join the fun. Their presence will upset the balance of Neverland and change Peter's life forever. Nothing remains the same forever, not even Peter Pan.

Here is what Goodreads has to say:
Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie Peter Pan, the mischievous boy who refuses to grow up, lands in the Darling's proper middle-class home to look for his shadow. He befriends Wendy, John, and Michael and teaches them to fly (with a little help from fairy dust). He and Tinker Bell whisk them off to Neverland where they encounter the Red Indians, the Little Lost Boys, pirates, and the dastardly Captain Hook.
My take:
Peter Pan is one of my favorite books ever! Yes, I know it's a children's book, and no, I don't care :P Even as an adult, I love it. I honestly can't pinpoint why, but it's a book I don't think I will ever outgrow. I think, maybe, it's a good reminder that while growing up is inevitable, it's perfectly fine to still have a child's imagination and spirit of adventure, no matter your age. I may not live in Neverland, but 'lost girl' is a badge I wear proudly!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “The Bookshelf”