Moderator: Book Club Heads

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Presenting Author - Tere Liye

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Name of the author: Tere Liye
Main genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action, Romance
Main audience: Teenager, Adult
Books: Bumi (Earth), Bulan (Moon), Bintang (Star), Matahari (Sun), Komet (Comet), Komet Minor, Ceroz and Batozar, Hujan (Rain), Selena, Nebula, Lumpu, Pulang, Pergi, Rindu, and many more.
Short summary of the author: Tere Liye is an Indonesian novelist. One of the finest writers. He is an accountant and spends his free time writing books.

Good/Bad points:
Tere Liye is quite famous for many readers in Indonesia. Although his first book is not really good in writing, he improved so much and his books are very imaginative and creative, he has created his own world and inventions with great technology. He has his own writing style. He has great plots in his stories which always leave me feeling the need to know what would happen next. Even though his books are great and wonderful, he wasn't quite consistent in writing. Especially with the Bumi Series. It was known that the series takes place in many clans and has many different languages. But, it was confusing when first he described that only someone from its clan can understand the language and would translate them to the others, but later in the books it seems like everyone can understand the language.
Last edited by Silvana Mandeville on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: Presenting Author - Tere Liye

Original Title: Bumi
English Title: Earth
Genre: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure
Summary of Story: A story about a fifteen years old girl named Raib. Who can be invisible when she covers her face with her palms. She and her friends, Seli and Ali, go to another world, which is called The Moon Clan.

Good and Bad points: This is the first book from the Earth Series or Bumi Series. The author is quite famous in my country and his books are great, many young people read his book and talk about them a lot. My sister was the one who recommended this series to me. This is a fantasy book like others maybe? When the main character goes to another world. There are too many theories from this book, many history about Tishri city that somehow made me curious with every page and kept asking, "What would happen after this?" Since this is his first book, it wasn't really good enough but still good. There were too many dialogues about things that I think shouldn't be included and replaced by something important for the story. My favorite character from the series is Ali, the genius one. He is quick thinking, and he would think before acting. The other characters are just so-so. Though, I was curious about this Crown-less man whom Tamus wanted to released from the underworld dungeon.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: Presenting Author - Tere Liye

Original Title: Bulan
English Title: Moon
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure
Summary: After six months, Seli, Ali, and Raib back from Tishri, Av and Miss Selena visit them and take them to the Sun Clan. Arrived at Sun Clan, three of them along with IlyㅡAv's familyㅡfound themselves in Sunflower Festival, where they would go into a journey to find a blossom sunflower.

Good and Bad Points: The second book has improved so much than his first book. His writing is good and his ideas are also wonderful. Somehow the competition in this book reminds me of The Hunger Games and The Goblet of Fire. This book makes me curious every time I read a new page and want to know what would happen after this. Even though I have predicted the ending might turn out like this and that, there are plot twists too! My favorite character would be Ali, of course. He is a great character, even though he is annoying, he is a genius. The main character, Raib, wasn't my favorite. She was kind of sensitive and I think she doesn't treat Ali with fairness. What Ali did was for their own good but Raib being pissed is annoying. The bad thing about this book is sometimes others need a translator (Seli translated a member of Sun Clan words) but sometimes it seems like everyone just understands what the other is talking despite it being known that they talk in different languages. But, overall this is a great book.

edit - Septem-bean beans sent! - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Septem-beans

Return to “The Bookshelf”