Author: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Genre: Christmas story, fiction
Rating: 4/5
Page count: 240 pages (ebook)
Category: traditional publishing, second in series
Age rating: 9+
Warnings: mild kissing

Synopsis:
Roles reverse in this book as Lily seems to have the holidays blues, she just can’t seem to get out of the slump her year has left her in and Dash, well aware of the change, tries everything in his power, which is so out of character for him, to get her out of it and to celebrate the festivities that brought them together.

Comments + opinion:
This book wasn’t as good as the first one as it delves deeper into now what is the relationship that Dash and Lily have formed. But it holds some very important messages and genuinely gave me some insight that I didn’t expect. It goes through the ups and downs of both relationships and life and how crazy unexpected things can kick you down and get you back up again. It was cosy and still as crazy as the first book, except with more shenanigans. I honestly didn’t know that there was a sequel to the first book until I did a Goodreads search and couples days later I sat and enjoyed another Christmasy tale of teenagers romance at its worst (I’m joking, up I’m referring to their struggles).
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier

Return to “The Bookshelf”