Filling our Spaces with Books

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Filling our Spaces with Books

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I know there are many people who have LOTS of movie memorabilia, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or even Twilight ... Perhaps there are even some few who are into Doctor Who and have a poster (or three) which is Whovian based!

But what about books? Are there books, which perhaps you haven't read in quite a while, but the 'beingness' of them fills you and sometimes fills your space? Something like ... Harry Potter books? How many of you have a Hogwarts crest hanging on your wall, or a comforter with the House of Gryffindor on your bed?

What other books, or series of books, might a person be so dedicated to that they fill their spaces with items which are a constant, and beloved, reminder of those books?

This is a place to post how you have filled your spaces with books -- or the 'beingness' of those books. You are welcome to write a descriptive or put in photos or draw pictures and put them in here. If you put in photos and/or pictures, please be sure that there is nothing which says your name and location (ie no envelopes mailing you your new wand (or sonic screwdriver) with your name and address on it!).

Please include a little bit of explanation about why you have posted it. Is this a particular favourite of yours or maybe the first book you ever read or you found out that you were a witch after reading it because you got the letter in the mail?

Please keep the graphics to 600x600 or less -- and make sure that all submissions are HOL appropriate.

As for me -- I thought of this because I have, hanging on the wall in front of me when I sit at my computer, a poster from Neverwhere (by Neil Gaiman). I totally love Neverwhere and cannot say why. Just do! I've the original book and then the Author's Preferred Edition. I've the DVD and then got the Anniversary edition (which includes this map of London Below).

I also have, on another wall in the same room, a poster of something which some might recognize ...
Yes. :) If you've posted something for books, you may also add in a PS about other memorabilia which you have.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Filling our Spaces with Books

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

My apartment is unfortunately not filled items of memorabilia, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want it to be. I think my perfect set up would be light blue (with sparkles!) bedding draped with a Ravenclaw throw blanket and a white throw pillow with the Always quote and another that said Accio Books (I saw one once online and wanted it). Above my bed, I would have a white shelf that sat my Harry Potter books including the companion books and the new Fantastic Beasts script and movie companion book. I would of course have a pair of pointe shoes up there somewhere and a wand because both encompass my life. I would probably add some sort of wall art as well, most likely water color based with a Dumbledore quote. I love water colors even though I'm no good at them.

I would really like to get some Harry Potter pop heads. A friend was telling me about her collection the other day, and after I heard, I thought, that would look cool on my bookshelf. Not to mention, I see so many great book photos using pop heads, and I can never get a good one no matter how hard I try. I'm not a photographer. That's for sure.

I think I would also really like to add glow in the dark stars back to my ceiling. I had them when I was really young. My dad put them up with constellations and everything. I think it would be kind of great to do that again so I could look up at the stars at night and pretend to study them like they do for Astronomy.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: Filling our Spaces with Books

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

These remind me of the book A Good Kind of Trouble.

Return to “Ink Splatters”