Prompt: Castles in the Air

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Prompt: Castles in the Air

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

Last year, the last book I read was Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It was an enjoyable read, and one of the things I remember the most was when the March sisters were talking about their “Castles in the Air”. But what is a castle in the air? You may be asking.

In general words, a castle in the air represents our wishes or desires, something that we really want. “Wouldn’t it be fun if all the castles in the air which we make could come true, and we could live in them?” Jo March asks, and Laurie, her friend, proceeds to describe his castle:
“I’d like to settle in Germany and have just as much music as I choose. I’m to be a famous musician myself, and all creation is to rush to hear me. And I’m never to be bothered about money or business, but just enjoy myself and live for what I like. That’s my favorite castle.”
That kept me wondering about the castles of my fellow Holers, so inspired by that, this prompt is to make a drawing or graphic that depicts your very own castle in the air!

Please share your work replying to this thread. Remember to keep everything HOL appropriate, adhering to all HOL rules, and keeping your submissions 600x600 pixels or smaller.

You'll earn 20 beans for completing this prompt as well as it counting towards the chance to snag our shiny Ink Splatters award.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your image and description to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: January Prompt: Castles in the Air

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 2/04.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist »

My poor work:

Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 7/07.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 7/07.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Re: Prompt: Castles in the Air

Post by Amy Smith »

Return to “Ink Splatters”