Prompt: Time Crash Covers

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Prompt: Time Crash Covers

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

We’re focusing on historical fiction this month. For this Ink Splatters prompt, we thought it would be fun to send some modern books back in time.

We’d like you to design a cover for an existing book (preferably one set in the present or future) so that it looks as though the plot takes place in the past. You could do this by swapping modern details for something a bit more historical, changing the font, aging the image and even switching the materials used. You can either take inspiration from an existing cover (in which case you absolutely must credit the original artist) or by making something up.

Upload your image to an external image hosting website. Make sure it is no more than 600x600 pixels in size and that you credit any inspiration or images you use from existing works. Also include a brief description of what your image shows.

You'll earn 20 beans for completing this prompt as well as it counting towards the chance to snag our shiny Ink Splatters Award.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your image and description to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: Prompt: Time Crash Covers

Post by Emily Spencer »

Image shows the backdrop of a Victorian city, with a soldier and a wind-up girl (literally with key in back) standing forward. The title of the book is aptly named, The Windup Girl by Paolo Baligalupi. The novel is a biopunk novel set in the future, with high-rise buildings and science fiction elements. This is my 'time crash' interprretation of same.
Last edited by Emily Spencer on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Description added
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “Ink Splatters”