April Prompt-Mistakes & Misrepresentations

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

April Prompt-Mistakes & Misrepresentations

Post by Emily Spencer »

Hello, m'dears!

This month begins with that trickiest day of the year, April Fool's Day. So what better way to celebrate the month of tricksters and trickery with a shake-up of the literary world??!

You have several options this month:

Option 1

Take an existing book cover and swap it around so it has glaring mistakes. You can add items in, take them away, or anything else your heart desires.

Option 2

Create a book cover for a book that is totally the opposite of the book's genre. For instance, you could create a humorous cover for a Stephen King Book, or have Alice going to the Emerald City. You get the drift :)

As always, post your creations below so that you can receive points for it.

Reminder: Please keep your graphic to 600x600 or smaller, and write a brief description underneath what the graphic depicts.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: April Prompt-Mistakes & Misrepresentations

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

Graphic features a book cover of It by Stephen King. The cover's done in a cartoon-like art, with a smiling, bright clown holding a red balloon. The clown stands on fields of grass with a blue sky in the background.
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I took Nnedi Okorafor’s Home, which is science fiction, and transformed it into a non-fiction book.

I used a medium blue background with white floral decorations, which is somewhat reminiscent of a wallpaper found in a house or similar. In the center is a white block running from left to right with two smaller lines just above and below it. The title (in a larger size) and author’s name are in the block in a sans serif font in the same medium blue as the background.

Return to “Ink Splatters”