Pluto - Astronomy

Moderators: Prof. Maxim Trevelyan, Arianna Stonewater

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Pluto - Astronomy

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

A while back, Pluto was the ninth planet from the Sun. It was also the smallest planet in all of the solar system. However in August 2006, Pluto was categorized as a dwarf planet. It was categorized with three other objects in the solar system that are about the same small size as Pluto: Ceres, Makemake and Eris. These objects, along with Pluto, are much smaller than the "other" planets and thus are called ‘dwarfs’.

We firmly believe that Pluto is a planet, so make a plea to the space agency to induct Pluto back to the folds of our planetary solar system. You can do that in a graphic form as a protest poster or by writing the agency a letter in 100 words or more.

Post your posters below (keep it 600x600 or less in case of a graphic) by June 30th 11:59 pm HOL time to get 20 Hoots and 50 beans.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: Pluto - Astronomy

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

Dear Rocket Scientist Planetarium Program:

My name is Hannah Lovegood and I believe that you should put Pluto back as a planet. It looks like a planet and should be counted as a planet. So please could you put it back as a planet please or I will keep thinking it’s a planet and tell all my friends that it's a planet and tell everybody else that it's a planet. And I will tell all my friends that you have a terrible business and to never listen to you and to do their own scientific research as astronauts. And I’ll be so much better than you are. I will call my alien friend Ava and she will grow it into a planet for us so we can call it a planet.

Bye Hannah
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Pluto - Astronomy

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

20 hoots and 50 beans go to Hannah Lovegood!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Creative Outlet”