Nimbus 1500

HOL Life

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Name: HOL Life
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=388
Type: HOL-wide Activity
Date: October 2015
Organizers: Arielle Lemoyne, Ryan Granger

How did you get along with your partner? Did you split the work or try to do the tasks together?
Which was your favorite task?
How evil are dice?
Did Quidditch Match wagers help/hurt you?
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: HOL Life

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

How did you get along with your partner? Did you split the work or try to do the tasks together?

I liked my partner she did most of the work since I was real busy this month with other HOL stuff.

I liked the essays. However it was hard for me to do some of them like the Potion art one, because my favorite smell I think is wallpaper being put up. However I also like the smell of wood being cut. You know like having a new house built. It just sort reminds me of my dad when I was little.

I hated this part of the game. However I understand why it was added and without it I think the game would be a little boring.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

I love my partner! She is the sweetest, and she is also my RL best friend. We met online and next year we'll have known each other for ten years. So she was a natural pick for me for a partner.

We did some of the things together, though I did a good number of them alone too, since she had a very busy month. When the contest started, we were actually together, since I was visiting her.

The one about writing the speech actually. I loved that one for some reason. Not sure why, but it was just great. Otherwise I liked all the puzzle ones better than the other ones.

How evil are dice?
Not evil at all. Even though we continuously rolled *really* low numbers. But hey, that is part of a game. Part of it is skill, part of it is luck. There is just not anything to do about it. If you play yahtzee you don't expect a 'fair' chance either. Sometimes the dice are just what they are and it is bad, and no amount of choosing well will make it good, and you have to live with it.

We had one chance at them and decided not to play since we decided we had such bad luck with the dice. Imagine what would happen if we trusted a 50/50 flip, when we were so good at getting the lowest number when we only had a 1/6 chance at it. So we decided to 'play it safe'.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

How did you get along with your partner? Did you split the work or try to do the tasks together? * I never ever want to see Will ever again. It was incredibly difficult to work with him and he insisted on doing all the tasks and never letting me participate. Well crud, I couldn't slash through that so I'll make it teeny tiny letters. :) I had a very good time doing this Challenge with my partner, Will Lestrange. His computer was unfortunately at St. Mungos for almost the entire time, so I got to do graphic stuff and things which needed that sort of ability. (He used a 'something' to get stuff done, but it worked out that he did a lot of the writing and I'd do the other.)
Which was your favorite task? * I sort of liked all of them although I think the ones towards the beginning were more fun to do. I had the most fun with the Sorting Hat task.
How evil are dice? * no comment
Did Quidditch Match wagers help/hurt you? * really heavy and LOUD no comment 8-)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Joey Stark »

Really well! My partner was Lamia Brickley. We didn't know each other prior to HOL Life but we both wanted to work with someone new from a different house. We split the tasks mostly, pretty much alternating the art/writing tasks each weeks and then doing the puzzles a bit more randomly. We always agreed and tried to incorporate each other into our work as much as possible :D it was fun!

My favourite task was the quidditch commentary writing task, I loved reading them in the books so actually writing one was super fun. I also liked all the OWL tasks a lot.

How evil are dice?

The dice were actually not too bad to us! We finished pretty high up with only a few detentions. I liked the randomness that the dice added, it made it feel more like a real board game.

Both, in our first one we bet over 70 Galleons as we were nowhere near the top three, and won, it put us third for one round, the next time (round 9) we bet everything we could, over 100 I think and lost :P
Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Limine Snidget »

How did you get along with your partner? Did you split the work or try to do the tasks together? My partner is absolutely the best. We discussed what sort of mayhem we could create at Hogwarts during each task but ultimately whichever one of us was least busy with our crazy lives that week did the tasks (at the last minute).
Which was your favorite task? Probably the very first one because it spawned our theme for the entire game. Darkness Powder<3
How evil are dice? There were dice involved? I never paid attention to that, oops >>
Did Quidditch Match wagers help/hurt you? ALL OR NOTHING was our decision. Granted, even betting all our galleons and winning still wasn't enough. Boo.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

How did you get along with your partner? Did you split the work or try to do the tasks together? Prof. Amy and I got along great! We split things pretty evenly, she usually did the writing, and the I did the puzzles or the graphic and then whichever i didn't do we alternated who did the third, though sometimes I did the writing one, depending on how busy either one of us was. Her writing though were great, and helped us earn the creative award!
Which was your favorite task?Either the mirror of erised from Round 2 or the dragon sketches from Round 7 for ones I did; my favorite one Amy did though was the room of requirement from Round 2. Her story was great!
How evil are dice?scale of Neville to Voldemort? Dobby. Its not that they were evil, it just they slowed us down a lot and were kind of in the way of us progressing. We usually didn't lose anything, but we didn't gain much either
Did Quidditch Match wagers help/hurt you?Once we got one, the wager helped us. But on the whole board, we only got it once. It would be cool if like in the game of life other people get to wager on other people's matches too, but i realize that would take forever to contact everyone since we aren't all in the same area or on at the same time. Maybe something like that could be done on IRC?

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”