Organizers: Kim Alting, Matilde Rayne

Which puzzle was your favorite?
Which puzzle was most frustrating?
How awesome are logic puzzles?!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: Rowena Ravenclaw's Tests of Logic

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I love logic puzzles!!! They're my favorite type. I loved doing the Letters Home the most. The gelato one was the trickiest since it wasn't easy dividing up the gelatos on the grid
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Much to my surprise I enjoyed the puzzles. It's a surprise because I used to not be very good at solving them. Or maybe I wasn't interested enough to focus on them to solve them?

I liked all the puzzles. The one exception was the one which I managed to get turned in about 1/2 hour before the deadline! (I like puzzles which aren't ambiguous in interpretation and if I read it one way, it meant 'this' and if I read it another way it meant 'that'. That one was Puzzle 3 - Herbology.)

A favorite was the one with the House Elves (#11). It just sort of solved itself as I was writing it out. ^_^
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I don't usually like puzzles very much, but once I got comfortable working with these, they actually became fun.

I really didn't like that Herbology one for the same reason Tarma gives, except I never caught on to the double meaning and missed the puzzle's solution entirely.

I don't remember having a favorite puzzle.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Which puzzle was your favorite?
Logic puzzles are my favorite so I (almost) loved them all!

Which puzzle was most frustrating?
Like Tarma and February, Herbology! In fact, my confusion stayed with me so I couldn't do the next two puzzles until after the deadlines passed.

How awesome are logic puzzles?!
Totally awesome! RRToL-1.0 was run in 2013 and it was one of the reasons I joined HOL. If I was faster at solving them, I'd seriously consider seeking.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”