Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington's 525th Deathday Party

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Name: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington's 525th Deathday Party
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=495
Type: HOL-wide Activity
Date: October 2017
Organizers: Sirius Fudge, Shiloh Adlar, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Did you enjoy partying as a ghost?
Which Deathday Party activities did you like the most?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington's 525th Deathday Party

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Did you enjoy partying as a ghost? * Yes.

Which Deathday Party activities did you like the most? * I liked all of them! There were a couple of puzzle tasks I particularly enjoyed (I like puzzles) and I loved the Ghostly Conversations in 'N' (where folks were dancing). There were some things which I enjoyed more than others, but that's the case in almost all of everything of life, and there was nothing that I disliked. It was very well thought out, I felt, with tasks that anyone can do with a little effort (and also the persons hosting the event were open to questions and to helping! - there was one puzzle that I totally misread and Shiloh was helpful in pointing out that 'no, that is not a woman's name' ... and didn't laugh too hard ... :D) and there was absolutely no feeling of 'submissions have to be a certain way' (besides size and what-not) to meet criteria. Stick figures (or the equivalent) work fine.

It was a blast. B)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

I liked this event very much. I wish we could do more rp activities.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Yeah! RPG isn't really my thing, but it was fun getting to use some of the family history I made up for a class my first year!

I definitely loved the puzzles the most! I'd be interested to see what the other activities were for the food options I didn't pick though. I also enjoyed the ghostly areas because I enjoyed chatting with everyone! RPG and writing are two of my worst subjects, but it was a lot of fun!
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I must say Deathday Party was pretty great!

I enjoyed partying as a ghost. It was fun thinking up a ghost and creating a backstory.

I loved the party conversation, though I was really nervous about it, because it was something I don't normally do but it was a lot of fun. I also loved picking the party food which had fun puzzle surprises!

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

I loved the variety of tasks, but I enjoyed the final week's "Bring Me" task the most. I really liked trying to find an image to fit the description every day. It was most difficult for me to get into the role play. I thought there would be more prompting throughout the week. Ordering dishes from the menu was a creative spin. Sir Nick sure knows how to throw a party!

Return to “The Scrapbook Archive”