Cursed Child Quizzes

The official area for all Cursed Child discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Cursed Child Quizzes

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

It comes as no secret around HOL halls that I absolutely detest the Cursed Child. No shame to those that liked the play, but as an ardent lover of established canon, it did not really sit well with me. Although I like the idea of further exploring the world of Harry Potter, a story that infringes on the set of rules, characters and world building is not really for me. I would have loved it more if the main cast had their adventures separate from the main story of HP books.

So, as I was trolling the Wizarding World site for some inspiration about the topic of the month at HP Talk, I found several Cursed Child quizzes on its site. I only know the rough outline of the Cursed Child story, so I thought to myself, why not try my hand at these to see how much will I really score.

Quizzes I had taken were Complete the quote quiz: Albus Potter edition, What happens next in these Cursed Child scenes?, The Cursed Child Quiz: The Little Details and The Scorpius Malfoy Challenge Quiz.

My results were as follows:

Complete the quote quiz: Albus Potter edition
4/10 · Scored 40%
Result: Not quite a dism-Al result

What happens next in these Cursed Child scenes?
1/10 · Scored 10%
Result: A cursed result

The Cursed Child Quiz: The Little Details
6/10 · Scored 60%
Result: Mediocre to the last degree

The Scorpius Malfoy Challenge Quiz
7/10 · Scored 70%
Result: Bow-chuckle

It was not as horrible as I expected. I managed to get the correct answers mostly by guessing and going by common fiction tropes. You can judge whether the strategy was right or wrong.

Have you completed the quizzes? How did you do? Have you seen or read Cursed Child before?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Tags:
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Re: Cursed Child Quizzes

Post by Aurelia West »

I went ahead and completed the quizzes and received the following results:

5/10 · Scored 50%

5/10 · Scored 50%
Result: Stage fright!

9/10 · Scored 90%
Result: Top of the class

6/10 · Scored 60%
Result: Avada Ked-average

I'm not too surprised with these results considering my experience with Cursed Child. I read the screenplay back when it came out in 2016. Like Maxim, I didn't really enjoy it and found the reading experience difficult to make it all the way through. I then proceeded to ignore its existence as long as I could and I believe I donated my copy of the screenplay as well. Then I got into the Potterless podcast in late 2019 and listened to all of the episodes, which included brief coverage of Cursed Child. Since my memories of the plot had returned from that, I'm not surprised that I did decent on some of the quizzes but not on the quotes one. I've never been particularly gifted at remembering quotes from things, but especially not from things I didn't really enjoy.

I've never seen the stage play, and am frankly quite unlikely to, both due to the pandemic and the lack of any real desire to buy tickets. If I were to win tickets or receive them as a gift from someone who didn't realize my lack of interest in Cursed Child, I would go mainly for the theatrical experience and interesting stage effects (when safe to do so), but I do not plan to purchase tickets for myself.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Complete the quote quiz: Albus Potter edition --3/10 · Scored 30%

So you definitely didn't get top marks, but you're definitely not bottom of the pile either. Perhaps a re-read of the Cursed Child screenplay will bump up your score!

What happens next in these Cursed Child scenes? -- 4/10 · Scored 40%

Result: Stage fright!
You didn't do all that bad on this quiz, but we wonder if you got stage fright halfway through? Grab a snack at the foyer and try again.

The Cursed Child Quiz: The Little Details -- 9/10 · Scored 90%
You’d be showing off your Prefect’s badge in no time with results this good.

(already had one for five years and don't think I can get another one)

The Scorpius Malfoy Challenge Quiz -- 6/10 · Scored 60%

This quiz score isn't unforgivable - but you know you can do better!

Basically, the less the quizzes had to do with Cursed Child, the better I did! Not surprising, considering that I had a hard time getting through Cursed Child (the words "Slytherin Squib" still leave a bad taste in my mouth!)...
Elena Kisel
No broom

Post by Elena Kisel »

That was very interesting! I didn't knew that i remember that much, even tho i red it years ago.... :blink:

6/10 · Scored 60%
Result: Potter Pro

8/10 · Scored 80%
Result: You're centre stage!

7/10 · Scored 70%
Result: Wand-erful

4/10 · Scored 40%
Result: You’re in grave Granger

I bet i will dive in all of those quizess for a few weeks! So much to go through!
Luna Chase
No broom

Post by Luna Chase »

I've read the screenplay, and kind of just consider it another fan fiction, each person choses what to believe in the story. Tough one ting I do not agree is Harry's job, he should be an Auror!
These are my results:

6/10 · Ponctuation de 60%

Result: Potter Pro

Clever you. You know Albus Potter just as well as you know Harry, making you quite the Potter Pro. But there is a bit. more studying you could do to get top marks.

9/10 · Ponctuation de 90%

Result: You're centre stage!

Bravo! You got top marks in this quiz and rightly so. Your Cursed Child knowledge is so sharp, you'd get a standing ovation.

7/10 · Ponctuation de 70%

Result: Wand-erful

You're a bright spark, keep working on your wandwork to reach another level-osa...

5/10 · Ponctuation de 50%

This quiz score isn't unforgivable - but you know you can do better!
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

9/10 · Scored 90%
Result: Slyther-win

10/10 · Scored 100%
Result: You're centre stage

9/10 · Scored 90%

9/10 · Scored 90%
Result: Maxime-um points

Not a cursed child fan but I remember a lot when I read even the smallest details

Return to “Cursed Child”